User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have owned both diesel and gas vehicles and the pull power for the diesel is truely there. But thats about all for me as I do my own maint. The cost to maintain, dirtiness of dealing with oil/filter changes, and added exhaust equipment is way over kill for a occasional tow vehicle IMO. Same goes for a DWR vs SWR. DWRs might tow better and handle more load, but cant get my wallet around the additional cost and maint of tires, and the PITA of trying to park somewhere when not towing.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you have a newer GM product, look at the door stickers. One of them will tell you what the towing and hauling capabilities are for your vehicle.
    2023 Momentum 397THS-R
    2020 Chevrolet 3500 SRW 4x4 Long bed crewcab with airbags
    Hope to see you all while traveling
    Enjoy the Journey!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I long ago went to a diesel because at the time we had an 8000 lb bumper pull, fully loaded and it seemed like we couldn't pass a gas station. I was getting about 200 miles on a full tank. First time I drove from Austin, TX to Fayetteville, AR on a single tank of diesel I knew I'd made the right choice.
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th
    2022 Ford F350 Crewcab 4WD SRW Diesel Longbed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonywelle View Post
    TV is a 2022 GMC 3500 gasser with the 6.6L engine. We currently tow a 10k 295RL without any issues and are looking to upgrade to a Solitude 2930 where we estimate a loaded weight of 13k.

Is anyone else towing with a similar TV and RV weight? What are you experiences? I understand that the torque peak of the gas occurs at 4,000 RPM and a diesel is around 2,000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    IMHO, 13K is not realistic for a loaded weight for a fifth wheel with a stated dry weight of 11K and a GVWR of 15K. It will come off the production line with a weight above the brochure weight and then have batteries, LP, etc. added. 23% of the GVWR (3,400 lbs.) would be an estimated loaded pin weight.....

13k is very doable with the 2930RL. We're in Florida for a little over a month and our CAT Scale slip shows trailer axle weight of just under 10k pounds and pin weight 2800 - 2900 lbs. I can't comment on you tow vehicle. I can say that the combination we're using tows very well. I did meet a family last week pulling a large Momentum with a F350 dually gas engine and he was very satisfied.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12