User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acsdesign View Post
    Hi
    Is the backer board; Literally a piece of plywood or 1 “by” ? So no wall anchors required?
    Likely metal
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acsdesign View Post
    Hi
    Is the backer board; Literally a piece of plywood or 1 “by” ? So no wall anchors required?

Hi. We also have a 295rl and I put up a 24"? tv in the bedroom. The backer is a thin metal plate which can be found and outlined using a magnet or stud finder. I marked the corners of the plate with some tape on the wall then mounted the locking folding arm mount within those marks. Worked out fine.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes thin metal. I put a piece of 3/4“ OSB trim I had sitting around then mounted the mount to that. A little overkill, but more surface area the better as i see it. Kind of a pain doing it as a one person job. I went with a 32” TLC. Not much room to work with and wanted to be able to still open closet door and not hit the roof where it starts to slope down to the nose cap while tv is in flat position on wall. 20 minute job took 1.5 hours, but looks great.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bedroom TV

I put a 32" with a tilt/swivel mount in. It cleared the top/bottom, and allowed the closet door to be opened. Mounted in a 2018 Reflection 150 295RL. The mount uses allen screw locks to keep the swivel from moving during road trips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The smaller the better.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want the best trick to find the backer you use a magnet. The backer is metal. I used a magnet and add an outline of it with tape. Then just pre drill a smaller hole and use the screws that the mount comes with. No need for any board. I have a 32” that I put in my 278bh (same bedroom as yours). I used a “mounting dream lockable tv mount” from Amazon. It locks in place for travel and has worked beautifully. Make sure you measure and measure and measure again.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12