User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Reflection 295RL- Bedroom Tv size

Just curious. I am wanting to put a tv in the bedroom mounted to the backer above the window. I was wondering what size I should go with. Based off measurements a 32” should be fine, but I’m worried that it might be to big for how close I’ll be viewing the tv and how much room it will take up on that side of the bed. Wanting to see if anybody has installed one in there’s and what size TV they went with.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a 32" TCL Roku TV in the bedroom of my 2023 Imagine 2670MK. (writeup here: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...in-2023-2670MK)
    It's only 7.5lbs and I'm very happy with the size. I like big TVs so it's never a question of being "too big".
    Last edited by RubiconMike; 02-20-2023 at 11:27 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input! I like your idea as well of TV placement. Having it on the side of the wall definitely wasn’t the best idea.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've installed a good number of TVs for folks. My go-to for the bedrooms are either a 24" or 32".

fwiw - my favorite and only recommended brands are Vizio or Samsung.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwjones25 View Post
    Just curious. I am wanting to put a tv in the bedroom mounted to the backer above the window. I was wondering what size I should go with. Based off measurements a 32” should be fine, but I’m worried that it might be to big for how close I’ll be viewing the tv and how much room it will take up on that side of the bed. Wanting to see if anybody has installed one in there’s and what size TV they went with.
    We have a 295RL and placed a Sony 32" smart tv on the bedroom wall. Would highly recommend a smart tv whatever you go with that way you can possibly connect with a laptop or cell phone using tools like smartview to stream movies.

Our 32" Sony with a full motion tilt/swivel VESA mount fits perfectly between the escape window and ceiling, and doesnt get in the way when walking around the bed when placed against the wall.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info! Did you mount the mount direct to wall or use a 1/2” piece of plywood and then the mount? I’ve seen mixed reviews on people adding a piece of plywood to help with added support.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info! Did you mount the mount direct to wall or use a 1/2” piece of plywood and then the mount? I’ve seen mixed reviews on people adding a piece of plywood to help with added support.
    Mounted direct to wall. But it wouldnt hurt to mount with plywood to spread the weight with more screws to secure the plywood to wall. Just be sure to use the right length screws. I think I used 1" screws because the walls are a little over an 1" wide. My TV with mount was only 15lbs total. Its been installed now for 3 years with no issues.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Direct mount is fine as long as you bolt into the preinstalled backer provided by the manufacturer. And putting piece of plywood up is OK but it too has to be in a backer board. I just think it might be over kill

A trick to verifying the backer board is to take your tiniest drill bit and hand drill in the locations you need to use for you mount. You'll know right away once you drill through the luan wall finish if there is a backerboard in that location or not.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    Is the backer board; Literally a piece of plywood or 1 “by” ? So no wall anchors required?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast