User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    Okay! Thanks for all the input, it's all valuable.
    Hand signals are out, as my wife tends to stand where I can't see her. And she has been known to point the wrong way. Great lady, we've been married 40+ years, but everyone has at least one shortcoming!
    Cell phones can have coverage issues, and tend to have them at inopportune times.
    The GOAL method is probably best and worked for us for 2 1/2 years (other than that one picnic table at Lost Dutchman SP....oops)
    I'll check into all the radio options and order a set.
    Thanks again.
    One thing to remember about radios. Push button -> then talk. My wife tends to start talking as she is pushing the button. So a one word command, "STOP!" Becomes "... P", then possibly CRUNCH! I haven't actually hit anything yet, but just something to be aware of.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    Hand signals are out, as my wife tends to stand where I can't see her. And she has been known to point the wrong way. Great lady, we've been married 40+ years, but everyone has at least one shortcoming!
    DO NOT MOVE if you can't see who ever is directing you in the mirror. Anyone directing will learn fast to be visible if you won't move or if you hit who ever is helping because you could not see them .
    I say this from experience (walkie talkies do fail) and any time I see someone directing and not in view I butt in and offer that advice.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    DO NOT MOVE if you can't see who ever is directing you in the mirror. Anyone directing will learn fast to be visible if you won't move or if you hit who ever is helping because you could not see them .
    I say this from experience (walkie talkies do fail) and any time I see someone directing and not in view I butt in and offer that advice.
    Yeah... I happen to keep good insurance for BOTH such occasions! LOL!!! .

No seriously though..... Although I think the OP was joking, having anybody around/near a manuvering trailer that you cant see is dangerous. Its hard enough not to hit picnic tables/curbs/branches/etc that you can see, but what cant be seen is even easier.

My DW is hard on the info too, but I always have her (and/or anybody else) in my sight before placing the truck into gear. As for anybody helping, thats another issue..... Knowing that most are just being good friendly campers, I would rather see only ONE person, my DW, in the mirror! Dont want anymore distractions..... Plus, haven't got an extra policy on them yet!
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123