Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broken Tail light lens 2020 F450 with Blind spot

So, I managed to break out the drivers side tail light red lens partially. A new one is 1083 from ford, and that sucks a lot for a self inflicted issue. Wondering, does anyone here know if I can remove the blind spot from the tail light and move it to a new lens which without blind spot is at least 50% cheaper. I did this to myself, it is 100% my issue, which makes it that much harder for me to swallow this one. Anyone here have friends at a Ford dealer that would give you a deal on one as a favor by chance? Again, I blew it, but it never hurts to ask…

Thanks in advance, I for sure need some sympathy help on a discount if one exists anywhere

Jason
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "A new one is 1083"? Surely that's a typo?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    "A new one is 1083"? Surely that's a typo?
    I wish I could tell you it is. I called my local deal with the last 8 of my VIN, and with LED and Blind spot, 1083. No Typo, and a lot of pain, thus looking for a sympathy discount from anyone who might have a buddy/friend at a Ford dealer .

I too thought it was a joke until they took my VIN. I asked him if was part comedian, he didnt laugh as hard as I did…. He has one, but at 1083, I figured I needed to check around. I glued what I could back together, and its good enough now, but I have to get my yearly inspection next month so I have to repair it before that or they will fail me and I cant get my tags then.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH. MY. GAWD. Consider my mind suitably boggled.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msutoad View Post
    So, I managed to break out the drivers side tail light red lens partially. A new one is 1083 from ford, and that sucks a lot for a self inflicted issue. Wondering, does anyone here know if I can remove the blind spot from the tail light and move it to a new lens which without blind spot is at least 50% cheaper. I did this to myself, it is 100% my issue, which makes it that much harder for me to swallow this one. Anyone here have friends at a Ford dealer that would give you a deal on one as a favor by chance? Again, I blew it, but it never hurts to ask…

Thanks in advance, I for sure need some sympathy help on a discount if one exists anywhere

Jason
    I googled the information and it came back with after market from about 300 to 550. E bay and ETrailer are just two. Give it a shot.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    OH. MY. GAWD. Consider my mind suitably boggled.
    Price a side mirror. Mine were over $1200 each several years ago. I bought another mirror damaged in a different way and made one good one out of two bad ones.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Price a side mirror. Mine were over $1200 each several years ago. I bought another mirror damaged in a different way and made one good one out of two bad ones.
    That is kind of what I was thinking, could I buy one without the blind spot and move the module from mine to that lens. Without seeing it in front of me I cant figure that out… Most places are a no returns policy unless its defective, so I dont want to buy one that I think will work only to figure out it wont and then I have an expensive paper weight.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wrecking yard? Check around
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ford parts counter only sells complete lens with radar module, but UT oddly you can buy just the radar module. You will have to buy an aftermarket lens prepped for the BLIS module, and then simply change it over when the lens arrives. Should be under $500 for the aftermarket lens. Look for a well reviewed one because the cheap ones are a different red than OE. We loose lenses on the company trucks running around the mines too frequently to continue to have the fleet dealer repair!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check rockauto.com, they have a left rear for 745 to fit my 2019,

hope this helps
    H. J. and Mary Michael 2020 Momentum 397 THR, 8K axles, 17.5 Coopers, 300w solar, upgraded 2800/100 inverter/charger, LiPo4 battery's Lion Energy U1300 Ceramic Coated, Pepwave router. 2019 F450 Lariat Air Bags 90 gals aux Fuel, Ceramic Coated. Full Time RV Liven the retired life. It's 5 O' Clock Somewhere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast