User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting ready to have our IS installed this April. Will have a talk with them about this before they start.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Getting ready to have our IS installed this April. Will have a talk with them about this before they start.
    Talk to the tech directly. And talk with the shop foreman beforehand too (I forgot his name but most likely he'll be the one taking your measurements). Then, every chance you get peek at the work and when you can engage the tech in "tech talk". Don't trust that the front desk folks or Hayden will get instructions right.

Overall it's a great experience. oh - since you'll be sleeping in the rig one night inside the garage be forwarded that if 2nd and 3rd shift are working it will be a noisy - but nothing worse than when you get those premium campsites next to railroad tracks.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Overall, this was a great experience.... I'm just not happy that they cut the underbelly from side to side when they could have taken it down and done the job without cutting it at all.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I like what FT4now did. Sometimes I consider dropping the corroplast and wonder how I'd get it back up in place. So far I think he has the best idea.
    I had a bathroom sink leak that saturated insulation below the floor.

I dropped a chloroplast section that was full width between the I Beams and about 8 feet long starting with the front edge where the I-Beams transition. I used a hydraulic jack and a piece of plywood to raise the chloroplast back to the proper height before putting all the screw back into the original positions. Looks factory when done and wasn't that hard. Did it all myself. No tape used at all.
    2020 Solitude 373FB-R,
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 DRW Long Bed,
    TST 570 TPMS, MORryde Pinbox, B&W 25K Companion, Garmin RV785MT

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GDRV sent pictures of my underbelly and mine was not cut from side to side. They did make a few cuts but those were patched very well. GDRV went above and beyond and put some silicone sealer around the patches.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I cut mine side to side to install a dryer vent through the floor. I used aluminum L material 2x2 and installed it above the frame rails, then I used 1/8" aluminum flat stock to sandwhich the cut coroplast and screwed the 2 pieces of aluminum together. I did this on both sides of the cut, and screwed the 2 L pieces together for more stability. I used black caulking afterwards to fill any leftover gap between the cut. Pictures are before the caulking. Attachment 45005Attachment 45006
    Nice Job. If you need to take down the coroplast again, can you do it without taking down the aluminum bracing, such as sliding the coroplast back and down? Or would you need to take down the bracing and redo it?
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    Nice Job. If you need to take down the coroplast again, can you do it without taking down the aluminum bracing, such as sliding the coroplast back and down? Or would you need to take down the bracing and redo it?
    Thanks, I just need to remove the outter strip; the bracing on the inside is bolted to the frame. It would be no different than removing the metal strips on the outter edges and putting them back when done.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Thanks, I just need to remove the outter strip; the bracing on the inside is bolted to the frame. It would be no different than removing the metal strips on the outter edges and putting them back when done.
    Thanks for the info. I have not had to drop my coroplast but I know that day is coming. Just a matter of when, just like so many of the repairs on an rv. Did I just jinx myself?
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12