User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! Slide badly out of alignment. Schwintek controller only blinking red rapidly

I don't get any error codes/red green flashes while the slide is not in operation. When the switch is pushed the controller blinks red very rapidly. The slide will go out at least a few inches on one side and then start out in the other but it's so misaligned I'm afraid it will bind completely. And I'll be stuck with the slide fully out.

Two different "repair academy" YT channels suggested either running the slide all the way out then bringing it in 6 to 10" inches and repeat 3-6 times. Or bring it all the way in and put it out a bit and try the same.

I'm on my own literally across the country from my sticks and bricks. The controller switch is in such a place where I can't hold down the switch and attempt to view the motors in operation.

It's an Grand Design Imagine 2150RB with a single slide. Worm gear tracks at the top and bottom of each slide. So I'm not sure if it means there's 2 or 4 motors.

I'm not sure what to do but I'm 1000s of miles away from home in 20 deg temps. I can't get to the bedroom without putting the slide out at least 8-10 inches and also the thermostat controller is in the bedroom so even if I wanted to sleep on the couch I can't heat the trailer.
    2018 2150RB/2022 F150 Powerboost

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I am no expert but it sounds like a bad control unit. Mine was doing a similar thing. I was told to unplug the controller to let it do a hard reset. do this with the unit in or out all the way. Plug it back in and hold the control switch for 6 to 10 seconds to the direction the slide already is. So if it's retracted hit retract for 6-10 seconds. if it extended then hit extend . this will allow the motors to sync up. then try to move the slide in or out. Lipert advises to allow the slide extend or retract in one movement. stopping and starting the slide with throw the motors of sync. if you can't watch the slide while you extend it using the control panel, use the app on your phone to control it while you move it.
    you may end up just needing a new controller.
    Others will chime in I'm sure. there is a lipert academy for the schwintek system that is very informative also.
    Good luck,
    Brian
    Brian and Lennette
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had to use the Electronic Manual Override (available on board revision C1 and newer) “page 3” of this trouble shoot guide.
    https://myrvworks.com/wp-content/upl...l-override.pdf

My slide motors also had issues with uneven movement and resulting room binding. Its being repaired now.

Assuming your slide has worked normally in the past , hopefully its just a reset issue or simple repair.
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 226RK
    2022 F350 CC SB SRW 7.3

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar issue last fall when I was trying to retract my slide. It would come in a few inches then start to bind.
    I had tried the re-sync proceed a few times and override. Nothing helps. Even switch the harness at the control board and the same slide side would jam.
    I decided to lube it as per the following video as a last attempt while DW was looking for a mobile tech and that did the trick.
    Also, are you connected to shore power? A low or unhealthy battery will also do funny things. With ours to run smoothly, we either have to be plugged into shore power or running TV.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaostactics View Post
    I don't get any error codes/red green flashes while the slide is not in operation. When the switch is pushed the controller blinks red very rapidly. The slide will go out at least a few inches on one side and then start out in the other but it's so misaligned I'm afraid it will bind completely. And I'll be stuck with the slide fully out.

Two different "repair academy" YT channels suggested either running the slide all the way out then bringing it in 6 to 10" inches and repeat 3-6 times. Or bring it all the way in and put it out a bit and try the same.

I'm on my own literally across the country from my sticks and bricks. The controller switch is in such a place where I can't hold down the switch and attempt to view the motors in operation.

It's an Grand Design Imagine 2150RB with a single slide. Worm gear tracks at the top and bottom of each slide. So I'm not sure if it means there's 2 or 4 motors.

I'm not sure what to do but I'm 1000s of miles away from home in 20 deg temps. I can't get to the bedroom without putting the slide out at least 8-10 inches and also the thermostat controller is in the bedroom so even if I wanted to sleep on the couch I can't heat the trailer.
    You need to count the red led blinks. It's not rapid flashing, but flashing you an error code. Watch for the repeating pattern and count the blinks in that repeat. It will be 2 to 9 blinks between repeat. That will help us help you.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I had a similar issue last fall when I was trying to retract my slide. It would come in a few inches then start to bind.
    I had tried the re-sync proceed a few times and override. Nothing helps. Even switch the harness at the control board and the same slide side would jam.
    I decided to lube it as per the following video as a last attempt while DW was looking for a mobile tech and that did the trick.
    Also, are you connected to shore power? A low or unhealthy battery will also do funny things. With ours to run smoothly, we either have to be plugged into shore power or running TV.
    You stated a "following video" but didn't include it. Interested to see it...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    You stated a "following video" but didn't include it. Interested to see it...
    Oops here's the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXw9I_DoAvI
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. So not lubricating the gear or the "worm channel" (not sure what it's called) at all. Interesting.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Thanks for sharing. So not lubricating the gear or the "worm channel" (not sure what it's called) at all. Interesting.
    LCI has a video on what to lube on the drive mechanism. The only thing you need to do is clean the metal tracks on the outside of the slide. We had trouble with ours last spring and the mobile rv tech we called, suggested cleaning the track. We having had any problems since.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaostactics View Post

I had our swintec bedroom slide get out of sync three years ago. The thing to do is to get one of the motors disconnected or disengaged from the drive track. Then you manually push or pull that side of the slide to square it up. I used a tape measure inside the rv to get it as close as possible. Then you re install the motor. There is only one set screw that you access from outside the rv, if I remember correctly. Go to YouTube and check out videos for this and resetting the controller. I took power feed off the controller then hooked it back up, doing a reboot basically. I can't remember if there was code reset involved also, but the biggest piece of advise is this: when running a swintec slide in or out, NEVER STOP PART WAY. Run it all the way and when it stops, KEEP YOUR FINGER ON THE RUN BOTTON FOR 4 TO 5 SECONDS BEFORE LETTING GO. I understand this keeps it in sync. Mine was like yours. Unusable. Out of square. Would only go a bit and stop. Never close completely. After I did this fix. It has operated flawlessly to date!
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.