Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update on Black Tank Falling out of 337RLS

Good Afternoon; hope y'all are having a happy Saturday out somewhere enjoying your Grand Design unit.
    For those of you familiar with my July 15 post describing how the black tank fell out of our two-month old Reflections 337 as we sat parked in KOA campground in Salina, KS, here is a brief update of it's repair & our return to the road (more accurately known as "non-update")! We never dreamed on July 20 as we pulled onto the interstate after dropping off our 337 @ Four Seasons RV in Abilene KS that three weeks later it would not be repaired & we would not be back on the road enjoying our GD journey!
    Even when our friends who have been rv owners/travelers years longer than our brief ownership told us to not be surprised if our repair took longer than the "less than two weeks" told us by the service mgr, we pretty well blew off their comments, basically because they did not own Grand Design & the service mgr was so sincere when he told us they had made same these repairs before & we would be on the road traveling to MT Rushmore on the long-ago promised trip to our 9 yr old grandson. We should have listened to our well-seasoned rv friends better.
    Well, this is all the update I have for you now. Here's hoping that it won't be too many more days before I can post that we are pulling back onto the interstate after PICKING UP our Reflections 337 from Four Seasons RV in Abilene, KS.

Brenda B
    Gerald, Brenda B & CeCe :cool:
    2015 Deep Cherry Red Ram pulling our
    2015 GD 337RLS

Norcalrv1
    Thanks for the update - been wondering how you were doings
    What a nightmare! Mt Rushmore is a must see. Buy the book on how they did it. Crazy horse is very close
    Rod

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norcalrv1 View Post
    Thanks for the update - been wondering how you were doings
    What a nightmare! Mt Rushmore is a must see. Buy the book on how they did it. Crazy horse is very close
    Rod

m
    Thanks Rod; Gerald, CeCe & I are certainly hoping to still make Rushmore this year, although we've had to give G-Son an IOU he can cash in immediately after end of his school year next May. Obviously I did not write full details in today's "update" but I certainly plan to once all repairs are completed & we are back on road enjoying our GD Journey.

The one positive thing I should have mentioned today, but didn't, was the helpfulness of Jerry in Warranty @ GD. He is who first returned our vm when we called GD to report what happened & seek guidance on how to proceed with repair. Jerry has been there/returned call each time I have had to telephone to seek assistance in the past three weeks since leaving our 337RLS @ Four Seasons RV in Abilene, KS.

Hopefully soon I will have wonderful travel & beautiful colors to post!
    Brenda B
    2015 GD 337RLS

Norcalrv1
    Jerry is the man! Crazy horse is not much to look at but the displays inside are very good. We stayed in Spearfish city park campground -it was great. Keep pushing
    Rod

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to me that one would looking at what, maybe an hour to repair? Can't imagine this being an indepth fix.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Seems to me that one would looking at what, maybe an hour to repair? Can't imagine this being an indepth fix.
    Well . . . I can see this being considerably more than an hour to repair . . . depending on how much wiring and other plumbing came down with the tank.

But, this does not excuse the all-too-common RV dealer process of having to leave your trailer parked for weeks (or sometimes months) in their back lot before they get around to looking at it. This is so out-of-step with every other industry that I can think of. How can so many RV dealers not have stumbled upon some sort of service planning process ?? .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Well . . . I can see this being considerably more than an hour to repair . . . depending on how much wiring and other plumbing came down with the tank.

But, this does not excuse the all-too-common RV dealer process of having to leave your trailer parked for weeks (or sometimes months) in their back lot before they get around to looking at it. This is so out-of-step with every other industry that I can think of. How can so many RV dealers not have stumbled upon some sort of service planning process ?? .

Rob
    Thanks to all of you for understanding. I really don't need. Hug every day, but this has really been a hard & trying 3 weeks! We are honest folks & we keep thinking others will treat us likewise....guess what???? Not true!!! We normally don't complain...that's why you haven't been reading about our troubles these past 3 weeks. Gerald has always to.d me to keep our troubles "ours". And I have, until now. This Grand Design is our retirement is our $$$ that we worked so many years for & we have been looking forward to these years. Once we walked thru our 1st Grand Design,me fell in love all over again! August 23 will be our 46th Wedding Anniversary (my mother bet me it wouldn't last ONE year!!!!) (I won THAT bet!!!!!!) but honestly, the last 3 weeks have seemed as long as all the years we've been together!!!
    But hopefully, on Friday when service mgr @ Four Seasons in Abilene KS told Jerry in Warranty @ Grand Design on Friday that whatever part four seasons serv mgr is waiting for should arrive "1st of week", Gerald & I are hoping the serv mgr meant "this coming week!!!!!!" (After all, there are ONLY 52 weeks in a year, right??????). Sorry to be begging for pity!!
    Thanks for all your gGood Wishes. Seriously, by this coming Monday or Tuesday, Gerald & I hope to have a "positive" post for you!!

Thanks again Brothers & Sisters......Sending You All Love & Hugs.
    Brenda B
    2015 GD 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW! I thought Grand Design was made better than this! Hope I didn't make a BIG EXPENSIVE mistake. We have not used ours yet! Hoping to have a trip soon.. This should never happen if the unit is built properly. VERY SORRY TO HEAR THIS!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda B View Post
    Thanks to all of you for understanding. I really don't need. Hug every day, but this has really been a hard & trying 3 weeks! We are honest folks & we keep thinking others will treat us likewise....guess what???? Not true!!! We normally don't complain...that's why you haven't been reading about our troubles these past 3 weeks. Gerald has always to.d me to keep our troubles "ours". And I have, until now. This Grand Design is our retirement is our $$$ that we worked so many years for & we have been looking forward to these years. Once we walked thru our 1st Grand Design,me fell in love all over again! August 23 will be our 46th Wedding Anniversary (my mother bet me it wouldn't last ONE year!!!!) (I won THAT bet!!!!!!) but honestly, the last 3 weeks have seemed as long as all the years we've been together!!!
    But hopefully, on Friday when service mgr @ Four Seasons in Abilene KS told Jerry in Warranty @ Grand Design on Friday that whatever part four seasons serv mgr is waiting for should arrive "1st of week", Gerald & I are hoping the serv mgr meant "this coming week!!!!!!" (After all, there are ONLY 52 weeks in a year, right??????). Sorry to be begging for pity!!
    Thanks for all your gGood Wishes. Seriously, by this coming Monday or Tuesday, Gerald & I hope to have a "positive" post for you!!

Thanks again Brothers & Sisters......Sending You All Love & Hugs.
    Brenda B
    Mercy Sakes!!!! Reading above, I don't even make sense......Sorry for all the mis-spellings & for all the sentences that don't make sense. I am so sorry. Just read thru our post as best as you can. But I do Promise...Once we get our 337 RLS back from Four Seasoms rv dealer, we will do our very best to use correct spelling & make complete sense!!!

Thanks Again for all Good Wishes,
    Brenda B
    2015 GD 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duke13 View Post
    WOW! I thought Grand Design was made better than this! Hope I didn't make a BIG EXPENSIVE mistake. We have not used ours yet! Hoping to have a trip soon.. This should never happen if the unit is built properly. VERY SORRY TO HEAR THIS!
    Please don't think bad about Grand Design or worry about your own!! We fell in love with GD the first time we walked thru a Reflections & we have enjoyed every moment after we picked up our new 337 from Lifestyles RV in Grain Valley MO on April 29. Prior to July 15 we had taken 4 "close to home" trips to learn all the in's/out's of rv'n. This trip had been our last such trip & it's purpose was to take CeCe, our cocker spaniel, who has done great roaming thru our 5th while it sat in our driveway but before heading to MT Rushmore, we needed to get her acclimated to being in a rv park with lots of other puppy dogs.

So, please do not worry about $$ you spent. I'm sure you're going to enjoy your home-from-home just as much as we have & will do so again once we can pick her up from Four Seasons RV!!

Brenda B
    2015 GD 337RLS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast