User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

starlink pricing

I guess they decided to jump on the price increase band wagon.

We just got notified that our price is going up because of the area we are in.

We have the residential setup because we use it mainly at our stick and bricks.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got an email on the RV version. Going up $15 to now $150. Not pleased.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other issue is for those of us using at sticks and bricks we can no longer take it camping unless we switch to RV mode. Once switched you can't go back to residential.
    We will have the option to change our address but you take the risk when you try to change back to sticks and bricks address that there will be availability in that area still.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It probably doesn't matter where your domicile is for the RV package. We are domicile in Texas and got the increase notice as well.
    Last edited by MoonShadow_1911; 02-22-2023 at 03:23 PM.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    I guess they decided to jump on the price increase band wagon.

We just got notified that our price is going up because of the area we are in.

We have the residential setup because we use it mainly at our stick and bricks.
    Musk gotta start collecting money for all those recalls and lawsuits over his self driving cars and poor investment into Twitter.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    The other issue is for those of us using at sticks and bricks we can no longer take it camping unless we switch to RV mode. Once switched you can't go back to residential.
    We will have the option to change our address but you take the risk when you try to change back to sticks and bricks address that there will be availability in that area still.
    This is a significant change in policy. I just reviewed the Starlink policies. Portability is no longer available, but only in the United States. Apparently, it is available everywhere else in the world. Lucky us. Also, if you switch from residential to RV, you can’t go back - ”Please note, that we cannot offer customers the ability to change from RV back to Residential at this time”

All of this, plus the 10% price increase, is making Starlink a poor option for us. The inability to add portability to residential service is a deal-killer for us. Back to a cellular hot-spot. Maybe RV parks will step up their game and provide Wi-fi that actually works. We are 0 for 6 at RV parks that “provide” wi-fi. (We are relatively new RVers). We can always get a good signal but there is never any data throughput. I suspected the park buys the equivalent of 1 residential or small business account and expects it to serve 100+ users.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think expecting RV parks to be able to supply wifi capable of streaming is not realistic. Least ways unless you're willing to start paying triple digit prices regularly. Most RV park wifi is much improved over what it was 7-10 years ago when it was almost non-existent. Consider what high speed internet access cost individually and then compound that by 40-100 people. And that price is regardless of whether it is being used. When asked about cable television access a few years ago, we were told that the prices just were too much to maintain, especially since it was a constant price, not variable according to usage.

We have no issues with campground wifi much anymore, as long as you stick to normal surfing, occasional utube videos. I think one has to tailor their expectations when it comes to RV park wifi abilities. JMO of course.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I think expecting RV parks to be able to supply wifi capable of streaming is not realistic. Least ways unless you're willing to start paying triple digit prices regularly. Most RV park wifi is much improved over what it was 7-10 years ago when it was almost non-existent. Consider what high speed internet access cost individually and then compound that by 40-100 people. And that price is regardless of whether it is being used. When asked about cable television access a few years ago, we were told that the prices just were too much to maintain, especially since it was a constant price, not variable according to usage.

We have no issues with campground wifi much anymore, as long as you stick to normal surfing, occasional utube videos. I think one has to tailor their expectations when it comes to RV park wifi abilities. JMO of course.
    Web surfing use or email would be great. We’ve never even gotten that. We can always connect with a decent signal, but no data.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does seem odd, we haven't had a wifi RV park in several years that, unless they said the wifi was poor, worked well for surfing, email, and Facebook. But it pretty much is a crap shoot at RV parks in general.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    That does seem odd, we haven't had a wifi RV park in several years that, unless they said the wifi was poor, worked well for surfing, email, and Facebook. But it pretty much is a crap shoot at RV parks in general.
    I might be doing something wrong with our wi-fi system. I've never done anything to set it up. I think we are just seeing the campground signal instead of using our RV system.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast