User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeetandJudy View Post
    Has anyone tried the Travlfi (I think that's what it's called). Think I saw it in RV Life. Looks like you can either buy a hot-spot or a router, picks up all wi-fi signals so no SIM card is necessary nor a contract. I have not tried it, just read about it.
    It's a cellular based hotspot. Their largest plan costs $199/mo for 450 GB of data. No guarantees on speed.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply. That seems a tad pricey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now the RV service is called Roam with a price increase to $200 a month. Also as before, if you switch to Roam, you can't switch back to Residential. No emails yet, but if log into your account you will see the new names and price.
    2003 Ford F250 6.0 CC 4wd SB
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    1999 Keystone Sprinter 27FWBHGL (SOLD)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm180 View Post
    Now the RV service is called Roam with a price increase to $200 a month. Also as before, if you switch to Roam, you can't switch back to Residential. No emails yet, but if log into your account you will see the new names and price.
    Yes it has been renamed but the 150.00 is still available and the 200.00 gives you world wide access.

"
    Unlimited high-speed, low-latency internet on an as-needed basis all over the world. One-time cost of $599 for portable hardware or $2,500 for in-motion hardware Choose Regional for $150/mo, Global for $200/mo. Starlink for RVs is now Starlink Roam"
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    Yes it has been renamed but the 150.00 is still available and the 200.00 gives you world wide access.

"
    Unlimited high-speed, low-latency internet on an as-needed basis all over the world. One-time cost of $599 for portable hardware or $2,500 for in-motion hardware Choose Regional for $150/mo, Global for $200/mo. Starlink for RVs is now Starlink Roam"
    Maybe so but it is not what my account page says. No mention of Global or $150. I guess I could open a support ticket and wait 2 weeks for an answer but I'm not interested at either price.

"ROAM
    For use at any location with active Starlink coverage. Pause/un-pause service as needed; best-effort service during times of congestion.

$200.00 /Month

I understand that, at this time, if I change service from Residential to Roam, I will not be able to switch back to Residential.
    2003 Ford F250 6.0 CC 4wd SB
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    1999 Keystone Sprinter 27FWBHGL (SOLD)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe so but it is not what my account page says. No mention of Global or $150. I guess I could open a support ticket and wait 2 weeks for an answer but I'm not interested at either price.

"ROAM
    For use at any location with active Starlink coverage. Pause/un-pause service as needed; best-effort service during times of congestion.

$200.00 /Month

I understand that, at this time, if I change service from Residential to Roam, I will not be able to switch back to Residential.
    I too only see $200 for Global. Do put in a ticket. I was literally getting same day response with regard to what I posted earlier in this thread. Far different than my early experience once out of the beta camp.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"ROAM

$200.00 /Month

Here is the link to it on Starlinks Page. https://www.starlink.com/roam

Yes, that is true if you switch to Roaming (the old RV) and can't switch back.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What could've been a great tool is now another money grab for Elon. Even Dish doesn't play those games. Can't wait to see the next way he screws over customers.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    What could've been a great tool is now another money grab for Elon. Even Dish doesn't play those games. Can't wait to see the next way he screws over customers.
    Does anyone know the answer to the following questions regarding residential service? Can I cancel in fall when we go on the road and restart the next spring when we get back to home base? Starlink touts that it has no contract and that you can cancel at any time. If I have residential service and I cancel my subscription, can I restart in the future, assuming availability? Will I have to buy another dish for $600? I suspect the answer to the last question is yes.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Traveler View Post
    Does anyone know the answer to the following questions regarding residential service? Can I cancel in fall when we go on the road and restart the next spring when we get back to home base? Starlink touts that it has no contract and that you can cancel at any time. If I have residential service and I cancel my subscription, can I restart in the future, assuming availability? Will I have to buy another dish for $600? I suspect the answer to the last question is yes.
    I believe you can CXL and restart using the Starlink Kit Number but I would do some more research. There is a link on Starlink page to transfer ownership if you want to sell your dish. Say you have Residential and move it 150.00 Roaming package and snowbird down south. Now you stuck with Roaming but lets just say you sold the Starlink package to one or kids and they register as Residential. What I understand is that all you need is a new email address and credit card. I know someone that has done this and the dishy is still at the same address that was before switching to RV (now Roaming).

Anyone that gets mad about price increases sure has a lot to be mad about in todays world with just about every thing going up from groceries, campground, fuel, and just about everything else.
    Dennis & Ellie

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast