User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    I believe you can CXL and restart using the Starlink Kit Number but I would do some more research. There is a link on Starlink page to transfer ownership if you want to sell your dish. Say you have Residential and move it 150.00 Roaming package and snowbird down south. Now you stuck with Roaming but lets just say you sold the Starlink package to one or kids and they register as Residential. What I understand is that all you need is a new email address and credit card. I know someone that has done this and the dishy is still at the same address that was before switching to RV (now Roaming).

Anyone that gets mad about price increases sure has a lot to be mad about in todays world with just about every thing going up from groceries, campground, fuel, and just about everything else.
    That is interesting. If Mr. Musk truly believes in the two sided freedom of no contracts, he shouldn't care if you cancel (suspend) your residential service and restart it later. You are paying for exactly what you choose to get and he is only providing service when it is paid for. Contracts should only be required when the provider is giving you something for an expected service duration recovery - for example, the free cell phone model. This is why the cancelation of portability surprises me. I don't see how Starlink is hurt if you are paying the price they charge for the service you are getting. The only explanation is that they want to trap people into paying for something they aren't using, such as residential service when they are traveling or roaming service when they are at their primary residence. It would be nice if a vendor played it straight - no games.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Traveler View Post
    That is interesting. If Mr. Musk truly believes in the two sided freedom of no contracts, he shouldn't care if you cancel (suspend) your residential service and restart it later. You are paying for exactly what you choose to get and he is only providing service when it is paid for. Contracts should only be required when the provider is giving you something for an expected service duration recovery - for example, the free cell phone model. This is why the cancelation of portability surprises me. I don't see how Starlink is hurt if you are paying the price they charge for the service you are getting. The only explanation is that they want to trap people into paying for something they aren't using, such as residential service when they are traveling or roaming service when they are at their primary residence. It would be nice if a vendor played it straight - no games.
    I just emailed a friend in Tucson that has a park model and snowbirds from Nov to Mar and said he CXL his service last March and resigned up using the same account so I guess Musk doesn't care. I always tell people to their own research since I have not done it personally.

That is what's great about America - If you don't like the way Musk does business then don't do business with him. If you think he charging excessive amounts just don't do business with him.

I won't own Musk's Tesla and I'm not Musk Twitter but I do find Starlink useful as a backup service.
    Last edited by CWSWine; 03-09-2023 at 01:51 PM.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    I just emailed a friend in Tucson that has a park model and snowbirds from Nov to Mar and said he CXL his service last March and resigned up using the same account so I guess Musk doesn't care. I always tell people to their own research since I have not done it personally
    If I understood correctly, I know you can cancel RV/Roam service and resign, but I'm wondering if you can cancel residential service and resign without buying another dish for $600.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Traveler View Post
    If I understood correctly, I know you can cancel RV/Roam service and resign, but I'm wondering if you can cancel residential service and resign without buying another dish for $600.
    My friend in Tucson has Residential service since he is in a Park Model that never moves.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just about to pull the trigger and get Starlink residential with the option to travel. It seemed like the perfect solution for home and travel. Now I'm back to square one.
    2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    Pro Pride 3P #1400
    2024 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab Shortbed, 4110 payload.
    6.7 Diesel, Ult Lariat, 5th wheel prep, Block heater, iconic Silver.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, I don't have Starlink but I guess I'm still on their mailing list.
    Got an email from them this morning for 50% off the hardware ($350 CAD savings). Hardware to arrive within 1-2 weeks. Offer valid for Residential or Roam. Offer seems to be for anyone in Canada.
    I guess when they increased their prices, less people jumped on then they expected.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I guess they are trying to attract more customers. I got an email last night for an even better promo. They are now offering the hardware for $200 CAD. So, I pulled the trigger. 1-2 weeks delivery.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Wow, I guess they are trying to attract more customers. I got an email last night for an even better promo. They are now offering the hardware for $200 CAD. So, I pulled the trigger. 1-2 weeks delivery.
    I just did the same thing. Nowhere near ready to retire and travel full-time but for that price I couldn’t resist. Planning on turning on the Mobile/Rome plan during the summer months and simply use it for high speed Internet, when camping normally.

Mines already shipped so once it arrives, and I get my serial number, I can see what my options are. It looks like it automatically enrolled me in a residential plan.

This means for the month of May I may be stuck with that plan unless the service address change feature still works. We only have maybe one or two camping trips a month, so I certainly wouldn’t be changing the service address that often.

They were pretty fussy about the service address but for some reason they liked mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51020886-2022-41A3-993F-C033E010D654.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	533.6 KB 
ID:	46156
    Last edited by Thorvald; 05-05-2023 at 04:53 AM.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will be away on our first trip when it arrives. We've been using MapleWifi for our trips. $160/month, unlimited download Canada and US. Its cell phone base. The device is expensive but works ok. Easy to carry around the little device so it saved on data on our cell phones. What is pushing me away from MapleWifi is the CS. Its the absolute worse by x10 that I've ever experienced. As I was frustratingly dealing with MapleWifi for our upcoming trip I saw the price drop on Starlink. Told DW that it was my last dealing with MapleWifi. I dont need that stress for that over priced service.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345