User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeez, don't feel lonely, my '19 RAM 3500 is still waiting to have the new fuel pump recall done. Dealers around me are only getting 1-2 new pumps a week, and I may get the new pump in May(ish).
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were in the market for a different truck last year, the old 2001 Dodge Cummins was a bit overwhelmed by the new Momentum. We looked and I was leaning towards the 2019, but after reading of possible issues with the fuel delivery system, I decided on the 2018, and so far so good. I replaced the old VP44 on the 2001 Cummins and had no desire to have something worse happen on the new one.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Lol! You 3rd Gen is the last generation before the power of the almighty bean counter and EPA... .
    That, coupled with the fact the truck is in such good condition, is why it's difficult for me to buy a new truck at this point. If I were younger and had more camping years ahead of me I'd probably feel different. I'm amazed at the pricing of trucks now, and the recurrent issues that never seem to get resolved.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    Jeez, don't feel lonely, my '19 RAM 3500 is still waiting to have the new fuel pump recall done. Dealers around me are only getting 1-2 new pumps a week, and I may get the new pump in May(ish).
    At least Ram is replacing them, unlike Ford who continue to use them and blame the consumer for the failure and don't cover the $10K under warranty when the CP4.? grenades and takes out the entire fuel system.

Mind you the number of recalls is getting a bit concerning but the I have read that Ford and GM are having recalls too and other issues as well.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    At least Ram is replacing them, unlike Ford who continue to use them and blame the consumer for the failure and don't cover the $10K under warranty when the CP4.? grenades and takes out the entire fuel system.

Mind you the number of recalls is getting a bit concerning but the I have read that Ford and GM are having recalls too and other issues as well.

Rob
    GM no longer uses the cp4 fuel pump.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 3 recalls currently to get taken care of: tranny dipstick replacement, tailgate latch adjustment, and now the grid heater/relay/programming whatever it really is.
    Whenever they get the parts/method to repair the grid, I'll get all 3 done in one visit.
    This is my 3rd recall regarding the grid heater.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I have 3 recalls currently to get taken care of: tranny dipstick replacement, tailgate latch adjustment, and now the grid heater/relay/programming whatever it really is.
    Whenever they get the parts/method to repair the grid, I'll get all 3 done in one visit.
    This is my 3rd recall regarding the grid heater.
    And being from FL, your grid heater probably never turns on! The real problem is in the climates it's used in regularly. The design is poor, and the current surge to the heater when the solenoid suddenly closes actually causes the electrical terminal on the heater grid to degrade. It's just a machine screw and nut. After enough cycles, the nut falls off and gets ingested into #6 (sometimes #5 ) and bye-bye Cummins! Truly, all because an old Ford design solenoid is used...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    And being from FL, your grid heater probably never turns on! The real problem is in the climates it's used in regularly. The design is poor, and the current surge to the heater when the solenoid suddenly closes actually causes the electrical terminal on the heater grid to degrade. It's just a machine screw and nut. After enough cycles, the nut falls off and gets ingested into #6 (sometimes #5 ) and bye-bye Cummins! Truly, all because an old Ford design solenoid is used...
    Sadly, it does come on more often than I'd like.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    GM no longer uses the cp4 fuel pump.
    Agreed that GM doesn't use the CP4 pump any longer but they are having issues as well just like Ford and Ram.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12