User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rncthomas View Post
    I have a 2019 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 6.7 and I am towing a 2019 320 MKS just fine with it. Lazy Days in Tampa had an additional 500 pounds of leaf springs added to the rear. No issues. I did have to put 2” lift on the camper to tow level.
    Towing just fine doesn’t mean you or the OP would not be overloaded

Many setups tow fine until they don’t
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Towing just fine doesn’t mean you or the OP would not be overloaded

Many setups tow fine until they don’t
    You are correct. Based on the stick for the payload rating the truck would barely meet the limits.
    That’s why the Lazy Days would not let me take it off the lot until the truck had additional leaf springs added and the load rating upgraded (door stick included).

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct. Based on the stick for the payload rating the truck would barely meet the limits.
    That’s why the Lazy Days would not let me take it off the lot until the truck had additional leaf springs added and the load rating upgraded (door stick included).
    I had no idea Lazy Days can or would do that. You just saved a lot of people a lot of money. The difference between a F250 and F350 (SRW) comes down, in most cases, to a leaf spring and a sticker. That sticker and spring can cost 10's of thousands of dollars for people who have to trade in one truck to get another. Getting a 100 dollar spring and sticker would be much more affordable for many!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I had no idea Lazy Days can or would do that. You just saved a lot of people a lot of money. The difference between a F250 and F350 (SRW) comes down, in most cases, to a leaf spring and a sticker. That sticker and spring can cost 10's of thousands of dollars for people who have to trade in one truck to get another. Getting a 100 dollar spring and sticker would be much more affordable for many!
    This has been on this forum for years
    Lazy days and Tampa springs
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    This has been on this forum for years
    Lazy days and Tampa springs
    Totally missed it, and I've been here for years too. Seems like I'm not hanging with the guys "in the know"!

Anyone ever have it done and get a real price for it? Just curious, I went the expensive route and now have a F450, so it's not relevant for me anymore.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they upgrade the rear axle also? You still need to not be over the RAWR....I don't know what that is on your truck, but it's definitely something that should be checked with the trailer on and loaded up like you are when you go camping.

And as far as the "upgraded" springs and sticker.....are they a certified upfitter that can LEGALLY do that? The federal government regulates and certifies shops/businesses that are legally allowed to do that type of work.....and it's almost never a cheap option...I'd check that too.
    Last edited by xrated; 03-03-2023 at 05:19 AM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Totally missed it, and I've been here for years too. Seems like I'm not hanging with the guys "in the know"!

Anyone ever have it done and get a real price for it? Just curious, I went the expensive route and now have a F450, so it's not relevant for me anymore.
    I did it. Wasn’t crazy expensive. If I remember correctly it was around $2k for the 500 pound leaf and certified upgrade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Did they upgrade the rear axle also? You still need to not be over the RAWR....I don't know what that is on your truck, but it's definitely something that should be checked with the trailer on and loaded up like you are when you go camping.

And as far as the "upgraded" springs and sticker.....are they a certified upfitter that can LEGALLY do that? The federal government regulates and certifies shops/businesses that are legally allowed to do that type of work.....and it's almost never a cheap option...I'd check that too.
    RAWR has been checked and is all good. Yes, Lazy Days Tampa and Tampa Spring can LEGALLY do that.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RAWR has been checked and is all good. Yes, Lazy Days Tampa and Tampa Spring can LEGALLY do that.
    That's good to know. Sounds like you went about it the correct way...congrats
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning,
    We tow our 2022 320MKS, which we absolutely love, with our 2011 F250 with the 6.7 liter diesel and have no issues. We live in Wyoming and travel I80 between Cheyenne and Laramie to get to the Snowies and this set up works great for us. We have had no issues over the Summit. We have also hauled from Cheyenne to Rapid City South Dakota and again have had no issues. I have upgraded the shocks to Bilsteins and plan on upgrading the springs as there is a slight sag in the rear end when towing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast