User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Connecting two lynx distributors end to end

For my application, I need 5 open connections on the distributor. I know you can connect multiple Victron components end to end such as a Lynx Power In and a Lynx Shunt. I searched the Victron Knowledge base and came up empty. Can you connect 2 Lynx Distributors end to end? Thanks!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafamaku View Post
    For my application, I need 5 open connections on the distributor. I know you can connect multiple Victron components end to end such as a Lynx Power In and a Lynx Shunt. I searched the Victron Knowledge base and came up empty. Can you connect 2 Lynx Distributors end to end? Thanks!
    Hi, absolutely you can. Once you pull the cover, If you look on the right hand side of your distributor, you will see a black plastic wall. It just lifts out and you can stack a second distributor on top and bolt them together and then just add the cover back on.

I also have provided a link on a hack to add an additional space if all you need is one more rather than buying another Lynx at a couple hundred bucks and taking up twice the space.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W9n01vuGDgM

Would love to see some pictures.

Good Luck!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Hi, absolutely you can. Once you pull the cover, If you look on the right hand side of your distributor, you will see a black plastic wall. It just lifts out and you can stack a second distributor on top and bolt them together and then just add the cover back on.

I also have provided a link on a hack to add an additional space if all you need is one more rather than buying another Lynx at a couple hundred bucks and taking up twice the space.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W9n01vuGDgM

Would love to see some pictures.

Good Luck!

Bill
    Thanks! I really enjoy Nate's videos! I did a search on his site for Lynx distribution, but that video didn't come up in the results. So, thanks for posting it. That is the route I will go. It will be used for my portable 200Watt Solar panel with a separate MPPT charge controller.