User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked with Dexter Axle Technical Support this AM. They recommend getting them replaced before any long travel. I’m looking for a shop here in Tucson. Found “Arizona Spring” and will visit their shop to have a look. Any other recommendations are welcome. Thanks.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have said, they're cooked, need to be replaced. I had to tow close to 1500 miles with mine that looked pretty similar, no issues, but I did keep an eye on it. They will fail eventually; if you have to tow, try to keep your speed a little lower than normal and avoid potholes (yeah, easier said than done, right?).

I would NOT do a spring job on the road/in a campground. It's not "hard" per se, just a few bolts, but everything is heavy, dirty, and it's just an unpleasant job. However, 400 bucks for a spring job sounds too cheap, the parts to do my dual axle were more than that!.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Decision made. Scheduled a “maintenance day” at Arizona Spring here in Tucson. 4 New 3K lb. Springs (5 leaves, up from 2600 lb. 4 leaves) all new wet bolts and bushings (14) and new U bolts. Will tow her home with much more confidence and less stress. Thanks to all. [emoji266][emoji41]
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes peace of mind is worth what it costs.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good decision on your part. I replaced all springs on our 5er. I will never do that again. I'll have a shop do it.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used E-trailer and got the next size up which was a 5 leaf system for my 337. Near perfect fit and was able to use the old u-bolts. I replaced all four while in El Paso TX. You will need a 2 prong wheel puller, a big plastic hammer, Torque wrench and possibly a long breaker bar. I recommend getting the bronze inserts with the kit. Try and talk to Paula from E-trailer, she will set you up. I WOULD NOT dive another mile on those. Mine broke apart and I was super lucky that the broken end landed on the frame and not the tire. Its not really a bad job if you have do it yourself skills. Takes about a day once you get the parts. Good luck and let us know your progress. Jim.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue with my 2021 315 (built 7/20). GD agreed to replace all four springs including labor but only with the 2600 # OEM springs. I asked if I could pay the difference to upgrade to 3000 # springs. They refused and would only replace with 2600 #. I let them do it but assumed I'd just be facing the same issue a year later - which I am. I'm just north of Austin, so maybe I'll contact the Austin shop mentioned above.
    Bob and Joanne
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS
    2020 F-250, Crew Cab, Short Bed, 7.3 Gas, 4x4
    20K Weigh-Safe hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, U-bolts should be replaced when changing springs. It's just a good idea.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schindew View Post
    I used E-trailer and got the next size up which was a 5 leaf system for my 337. Near perfect fit and was able to use the old u-bolts. I replaced all four while in El Paso TX. You will need a 2 prong wheel puller, a big plastic hammer, Torque wrench and possibly a long breaker bar. I recommend getting the bronze inserts with the kit. Try and talk to Paula from E-trailer, she will set you up. I WOULD NOT dive another mile on those. Mine broke apart and I was super lucky that the broken end landed on the frame and not the tire. Its not really a bad job if you have do it yourself skills. Takes about a day once you get the parts. Good luck and let us know your progress. Jim.
    Whats the wheel puller needed for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live on the east side of Tucson in Vail. We used Professional Trailer Repair, 3214 E. President St. Tucson to upgrade our suspension. Their phone number is 520-295-0316.
    We had them swap out the 2800 lbs 4-leaf springs on our 2019 315 RLTS to 3500 lbs 6-leaf springs. We purchased the MORRyde SRE-4000 equalizers w/crossmember and MORRyde heavy duty shackle kit from Amazon and they installed those as well. I also had them weld end caps to the outer side of the outside spring hangers. A year later, they upgraded us to 7K axles, 8-lug hubs which led to upgraded wheels and tires. I understand his family also owns Wheel Equipment parts next door to his trailer repair shop.
    Les & Nel
    2019 Reflection 315 RLTS w/Dual Pane Windows; 2nd AC
    -- 7K Axles; 3500 lb Springs; MORRyde SRE-4000; Roadmaster Comfort Ride Shocks
    -- 400 Ah BB Lithium; 1590 watts solar; MultiPlus-II Inverter; Renogy 40A DC DC Charger

2016 RAM 2500 CC SB 4x4 Diesel
    -- Blue Ox SwayPro 20k/2k hitch; Timbren Rear Bump Stops

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast