User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prospective Buyer- 2021 Reflection 150 series 290BH

Long time reader, first time poster. My husband and I are considering purchasing a 2021 Reflection 150 series 290BH. The sale is private party and the unit has only had one owner. Due to being a long time reader of this forum , I’m familiar with the “Covid build” situation. We really love this model and have been looking for a long time.
    My question is this- are we doomed for catastrophic issues with this unit because it’s a 2021? Any advice/ insight/ suggestions would be very welcome. We are trying to make the most informed decision possible.

If it’s worth anything- this is our first 5er but we have owned several travel trailers and are more than used to the normal every trip fixes that inevitably have to be done! We are more concerned about the issues we have read concerning roofs and major body/ mechanical problems.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't turn away just because it's a 2021. We had a 2021 Reflection 311 and the only issue was GD put a screw the cooling line on the outdoor fridge. We only sold it due to personal reasons at the time, it was a wonderful unit. If you're not sure, consider hiring an RV inspector to help identify potential issues.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the original owners have actually used it you're probably at lower risk than buying it new. They will have done the shakedown stuff and had any necessary repairs made (you can ask them about those things). One thing I would recommend would be to find a certified RV inspector or mobile RV technician and pay them to do a thorough inspection on the unit. It would be money well spent.

What do you plan to tow it with?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 and have had no major structural issues. I think this “Covid build” idea can be filed right next to the west lake theory or the 80/20 rule

Now my Grand Design Imagine has had quite a few failures in the 2 seasons I have used it but many issues are vendor or supplier issue and can’t be blamed on GD entirely
    I have fixed them myself with parts from GD
    My previous trailer ,Jayco had 1 part fail in 7 years of use
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't turn away just because it's a 2021. We had a 2021 Reflection 311 and the only issue was GD put a screw the cooling line on the outdoor fridge. We only sold it due to personal reasons at the time, it was a wonderful unit. If you're not sure, consider hiring an RV inspector to help identify potential issues.
    Thank you for the insight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I have a 2021 and have had no major structural issues. I think this “Covid build” idea can be filed right next to the west lake theory or the 80/20 rule

Now my Grand Design Imagine has had quite a few failures in the 2 seasons I have used it but many issues are vendor or supplier issue and can’t be blamed on GD entirely
    I have fixed them myself with parts from GD
    My previous trailer ,Jayco had 1 part fail in 7 years of use
    I was hoping someone else would share my sentiments on the “Covid build” theory. Our first trailer was a 2010 Jayco and that thing was built like a tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will be towing with a 2500 Ram Diesel.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfarrell6688 View Post
    I was hoping someone else would share my sentiments on the “Covid build” theory. Our first trailer was a 2010 Jayco and that thing was built like a tank.
    Imo Jayco is a first rate company
    I would have stayed with them but the Imagine offered more options for a cheaper price
    In hindsight I wish I had bought another Jayco
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Imo Jayco is a first rate company
    I would have stayed with them but the Imagine offered more options for a cheaper price
    In hindsight I wish I had bought another Jayco
    FWIW friends of our bought a Jayco in 2021 and a neighbor a Featherlite pre Covid. Each have had similar issues reported here. Soft floor spots, tight windows needed replacement, AC stopped working (Furrion), cabinet doors falling off.... Nothing is bulletproof anymore.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfarrell6688 View Post
    Long time reader, first time poster. My husband and I are considering purchasing a 2021 Reflection 150 series 290BH. The sale is private party and the unit has only had one owner. Due to being a long time reader of this forum , I’m familiar with the “Covid build” situation. We really love this model and have been looking for a long time.
    My question is this- are we doomed for catastrophic issues with this unit because it’s a 2021? Any advice/ insight/ suggestions would be very welcome. We are trying to make the most informed decision possible.

If it’s worth anything- this is our first 5er but we have owned several travel trailers and are more than used to the normal every trip fixes that inevitably have to be done! We are more concerned about the issues we have read concerning roofs and major body/ mechanical problems.
    Welcome to the world of posting to the forum, this is a great place for questions. As others have said, if the coach has already been on the road, potential issues have probably already surfaced. I echo the idea of getting a qualified inspector. Let us know how you make out.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast