User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remember the 150 series only has 1" thick block foam walls. Not very good for heat or cold.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had 2 issues with the 2021 150 Series 260RD neither of which had anything to do with 'Covid' builds. Cracked fitting in the Nautilus panel and the awing motor failed the 2nd summer. Both easy fixes. Other than that it was rock solid. Traded it in on the 295RL because of the floorplan.

We camp from early May to late October in southern Alberta where the weather changes by the minute and have always been comfortable in any condition.
    2022 F350 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 7.3
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2021 F150 SC SB XLT Sport 3.5 EB Max Tow - Sold
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 260RD - Sold

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
    We camp from early May to late October in southern Alberta where the weather changes by the minute and have always been comfortable in any condition.
    We're also in a 150 series 260RD and performance in both cold and hot weather has been fine (we do have the double pane windows which help). Ours is a 2022 model and no Covid build issues so far.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problems same model and year.

I have the same model and year and have had no significant problems. Very minimal issue we had was the large windows not locking shut. The dealership was able to make the needed adjustment. We use the rv about six camping trips a year and love this model. We always have a crowd and have plenty of room. Our forth year with this rv is coming up and everything has been solid with no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfarrell6688 View Post
    Long time reader, first time poster. My husband and I are considering purchasing a 2021 Reflection 150 series 290BH. The sale is private party and the unit has only had one owner. Due to being a long time reader of this forum , I’m familiar with the “Covid build” situation. We really love this model and have been looking for a long time.
    My question is this- are we doomed for catastrophic issues with this unit because it’s a 2021? Any advice/ insight/ suggestions would be very welcome. We are trying to make the most informed decision possible.

If it’s worth anything- this is our first 5er but we have owned several travel trailers and are more than used to the normal every trip fixes that inevitably have to be done! We are more concerned about the issues we have read concerning roofs and major body/ mechanical problems.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfarrell6688 View Post
    Long time reader, first time poster. My husband and I are considering purchasing a 2021 Reflection 150 series 290BH. The sale is private party and the unit has only had one owner. Due to being a long time reader of this forum , I’m familiar with the “Covid build” situation. We really love this model and have been looking for a long time.
    My question is this- are we doomed for catastrophic issues with this unit because it’s a 2021? Any advice/ insight/ suggestions would be very welcome. We are trying to make the most informed decision possible.

If it’s worth anything- this is our first 5er but we have owned several travel trailers and are more than used to the normal every trip fixes that inevitably have to be done! We are more concerned about the issues we have read concerning roofs and major body/ mechanical problems.
    We bought a 2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL . . . no issues with it that would scare a potential buyer off. A few screws came loose on window valances and I had to replace the hot water tank (covered by GD under warranty) when it split open coincidentally in cold weather. No other issues, roof or mechanical. Count us happy buyers with a 2021 built unit!
    Bob & Belinda
    Part timers headed to full timing, based in Mansfield, TX
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL with Trailair Turning Point
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 High Country, 4x4, SRW, B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. We also own a 2021 2060 RD. We have had quit a few issues, non i believe are covid related and most are/were minor. The only issue of concern i think you should look out for is the Schwintek slide system on the slide. Make sure it works properly with no popping or grinding noise. Our system has failed twice with the last failure ripping a hole in the flooring, and we will now be replacing it with another system. One note is that GD was of no help on fixing teh slide stating it was out of warranty. IMO the Schwintek system is to light weight for the big heavy slide in the 150 series. When looking at the Schwintek specs from Furion the specs state that a box that is 38" deep can weigh no more than 750lbs. Our unit has a 3 section couch, a 12c/f reefer and a pantry ceiling to floor. Which i believe weighs more than 750lbs when loaded for use. Having stated that there are a lot of units that have no problems. We really like the layout and the unit overall, it fits our needs perfectly. So we made the decision to replace the slide system rather than sell the unit and get another RV. Especially with all the upgrades we have done. When you inspect the slide system look/inspect the racks that are screwed into the side of the slide both upper and lower. Make sure there are no chips, or aluminum shavings in the racks. If there are, then there is abnormal wear and the unit will most likely fail at some point. Make sure there is no dirt, sand or debris built up on the tracks. The Schwintek system must be kept cleaned and properly lubed at all times using CRV dry lube. no oil or grease as that attracts dirt. You must also level the trailer and open the slide or close it all the way to keep it working properly.

Good luck with your purchase. Enjoy the unit, we do!!
    2021 GD 150 Series Reflection 260RD, Lifted 3" with solar. Lippert Turning Point Pin Box. 300watt Inverter. TV = 2021 4wd Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab I6 Cummins Diesel, 6'4" bed, Curt A16 puck system, Custom Bed Tank.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that the Schwintek slide system is not a good match for a large slide. It seems to work okay with the smaller bedroom slides, but personally I prefer hydraulic all the way around. FWIW, Grand Design now recommends no lube on the rack of the slide. A full turn-around from their earlier recommendation for the CRV-type dry lube.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12