User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be happy to pay more for …

Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    So. My opinion is that GD should offer some of these high demand basic improvements. At least as an option if not standard. And raise the price the little bit needed. And market their RV’s as just a bit better than the competition. It would be easy to do and brilliant marketing. We would all line up to buy them.

GD. Please stop trying to compete on price. And build a slightly better coach at a slightly higher price.
    GD is an entry level trailer IMO. They would just be able to market themselves as equal to the competition

I looked at Jayco WhiteHawk, Coachmen Freedom and Cougar as well as my Imagine
    All of the others had more standard equipment but the Imagine had by far the largest storage which is a high priority for me but the main thing is that it was the cheapest of the four by a long ways
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like a pressure tank in the water system and pump switches by the kitchen sink and in the bathroom. A bit more water capacity would also be nice (both fresh water tank and waste water tanks).

From what I was able to learn, Grand Design isn't entry-level, although some of the travel trailers might be close, but are intended to be the next step up from entry-level.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought of something else. Every trailer Grand Design sells is heavy enough to require brakes. Those brakes are electrically operated by a battery. So why isn't a battery standard equipment?
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine came with a battery, didn't yours? It needs a battery to be legal to be transported: no battery, no breakaway brakes.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer installs batteries, not the manufacture.
    Retired U.S. Navy Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Big Horn, CC, 6.7 Cummins
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the door in the basement wall to access the nautilus panel and water pump, I had made my own. Use all brass pex fittings and no flex hoses. Better electrical wiring scheme, instead of haphazard, mount the converter / inverter where its accessible and not behind the basement wall. Don't mount external water coiled host connections right above or below 120VAC external outlets. A lock clip on the spare tire hoist.

Now you may not get all the nice to have doodads in GD entry level trailers, Transend or Imagine, but I would expect some of them in the Reflection line and all the doodads in the Solitude or Momentum lines.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-27-2023 at 06:51 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markandkim View Post
    Dealer installs batteries, not the manufacture.
    Why would it matter, as long as you got one? I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone not getting a battery, not that I remember anyway.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tail Lights

One item that has not been mentioned... Larger / higher up / more visible tail-brake-turn signal lights. I did this mod and it is the one item that I have had the most benefit from.
    My assumption was the jerks on the road would not let me merge or change lanes. Now they see my signals and life has been easier. Maybe there is a state regulation on this and they can't do anything, I don't know all the rules.

Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the dealer did install the lithium batteries - for $2000. At first they said that I would get the two AGM batteries, but later said that, no, batteries are a dealer-installed item, so the dealer gets paid for them. As I said, batteries ought to be considered standard, and if the customer wants to upgrade to a better battery the upgrade ought to be priced at the difference between the upgraded battery and the standard battery.

FWIW, how did my trailer get from the factory to the dealer? I suspect that it was towed behind a truck. Didn't it have at least one battery for that? Or does the factory put in a battery just for the trip from factory to dealer, and then it is removed, sent back to the factory, and reused for the next trailer?

Rob, could you post some pics of your tail light mod? I've thought about that, too.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Why would it matter, as long as you got one? I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone not getting a battery, not that I remember anyway.
    Because its not standard equipment, it comes from the dealer. Guy asked why isn't it standard equipment.
    Retired U.S. Navy Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Big Horn, CC, 6.7 Cummins
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast