User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    Yes, the dealer did install the lithium batteries - for $2000. At first they said that I would get the two AGM batteries, but later said that, no, batteries are a dealer-installed item, so the dealer gets paid for them. As I said, batteries ought to be considered standard, and if the customer wants to upgrade to a better battery the upgrade ought to be priced at the difference between the upgraded battery and the standard battery.

FWIW, how did my trailer get from the factory to the dealer? I suspect that it was towed behind a truck. Didn't it have at least one battery for that? Or does the factory put in a battery just for the trip from factory to dealer, and then it is removed, sent back to the factory, and reused for the next trailer?

Rob, could you post some pics of your tail light mod? I've thought about that, too.
    My understanding is the delivery drivers have batteries they use during transport.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markandkim View Post
    Because its not standard equipment, it comes from the dealer. Guy asked why isn't it standard equipment.
    Potayto, potahto. If you get a battery, what's the difference?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wish list would be to have a schematic of the wiring, little tags on the water lines where they go, shut offs under the sinks, & of course all pex w/ brass fittings.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markandkim View Post
    Because its not standard equipment, it comes from the dealer. Guy asked why isn't it standard equipment.
    I would rather have a fresh battery that was installed at the actual time of purchase than one that came from the manufacturer. I like the idea of getting one from the dealer as part of the sale for many reasons.....
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't pay more, but they could do away with the needless complexity of the Nautilus system, and thus get rid of all the potential raft of leaks,
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Overall my 2021 312 BHTS is a good value. I would have happily paid a bit more for:

1. Heavier suspension that would not require new and heavier springs after a couple of years of normal use.

2. Brass check valves and anti siphon valves. I had to replace these.

3. Hinged access / inspection door for the nautilus panel and water pump compartment.

4. Access panels or doors for the dump valves.

5. Sea Level tank gauges.

6. Dimmer switches on the ceiling lights

7. A second maxx air fan for the bathroom.

What would you add? Perhaps GD is listening. One can only hope.
    I'd pay for better rubber roof membrane: RV FlexArmor or RV Armor.
    2023 RAM 2500, 2021 Transcend 240ML

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some great posts here. I will agree with all…that’s my list!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    Rob, could you post some pics of your tail light mod? I've thought about that, too.
    To KB0ZKE from KF9ZT.

I did a complete post on this, but I can't find it here. These are a few pictures of what I did. It's just high enough to be above most car roofs and in the line of sight.

Attachment 45088
    Attachment 45089

Not sure why the last one is sideways.

Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't we already pay more than they're really worth? Before Covid prices were sane. After Covid prices are insanely stupidly high and you aren't getting near the value in upgrades to compensate for the higher prices.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob+Kath View Post
    One item that has not been mentioned... Larger / higher up / more visible tail-brake-turn signal lights. I did this mod and it is the one item that I have had the most benefit from.
    My assumption was the jerks on the road would not let me merge or change lanes. Now they see my signals and life has been easier. Maybe there is a state regulation on this and they can't do anything, I don't know all the rules.

Rob
    Yep. Right after the maiden voyage with ours I did a major mod in this regard because it was clear the tiny, low mount lights were too inconspicuous. I added what is traditionally a light bar that goes below a pickup tailgate below our rear window. That location because 1) blends nicely and not too conspicuous, 2) it can be seen at tremendously longer distance and it's bright (!), 3) it includes a strip of white leds for reversing, and 4) easy wiring with the 4-flat in the back. Just had to run the reverse feed. The reverse lights are incredibly helpful backing in at night whether it be late arrival to the CG or back home.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast