Thread: RV Show Prices

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Show Prices

Hello all,

From what I have read, an RV show is the best time to get the best price (please correct me if I am wrong). I am not looking for percentages, but are the posted discounted prices usually the best price, or is it reasonable to assume that negotiation is still possible even at an RV show?

Recently went to the Utah RV Show. The ones that are the main contenders were: Solitude 310GK was $89k, Alliance 310RL was 88k, and the new Berkley 3100 Z was 85k (all prices rounded up).

TIA

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is always wiggle room on the price. The big difference with a show, in my experience, is they bring in outside sales staff(closers) to make deals happen. Their goal is to sell/move units at a show.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter where you decide to shop, ALWAYS do your homework for the best price!

We've have found dealerships in less populated areas (away from large cities which may require some travel) to have the best prices on similiar units. In fact, haven't bought any vehicle, boats, RVs, etc in any large metropolitan areas for the past 20 years do to finding better prices in the others.

Here in MO, the big boat shows used to be the best place for deals 30yrs ago or so but have found they just got a few "loss leaders" to suck you in like any big retailer. Thats why we found traveling to more secluded dealers has paned best for us on just about any big purchase.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On 2 occasions we have gotten a better price from a dealer other than the one at an RV show.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One person I know went to the local dealer and spec'ed the trailer he wanted. He then took the printout and contacted several other dealers within a day's drive and asked if they were interested in bidding on that trailer. Several were, so he send them the printout (dealer info blacked out, of course). The local dealer was pretty close, but another one came in at enough lower that the drive was worth it. At the time he was full-timing, so it didn't really matter too much where he bought from as he was unlikely to return for service.

We didn't get to any shows before we bought our Reflection, as we had a small window of time to buy a replacement for the Foretravel.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our new RV this past December from a local dealer. We then went to a large RV show here in Washington and the dealer was there with the exact RV we had just purchased. We paid $4,500 less than the price at the RV show. However, we had to do a lot of negotiating and provide them with a lower price from another dealer before they would come off their price. This was also one of the last 2022 they had with the other being the one at the show. I am not sure how much negotiating they do at the show but my point is that it doesn't mean you can't get it cheaper outside of the RV show. Just my experience.
    2022 Reflection 303rls
    2020 GMC Denali 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcurrie100 View Post
    Hello all,

From what I have read, an RV show is the best time to get the best price (please correct me if I am wrong). I am not looking for percentages, but are the posted discounted prices usually the best price, or is it reasonable to assume that negotiation is still possible even at an RV show?

Recently went to the Utah RV Show. The ones that are the main contenders were: Solitude 310GK was $89k, Alliance 310RL was 88k, and the new Berkley 3100 Z was 85k (all prices rounded up).

TIA

Brian
    We purchased our Reflection at an RV show. This was after 3 years of visiting RV shows, RV dealers, and online research.

We had contacted an RV dealer approximately 250 miles away from us asking for a rock bottom price on the rig we were interested in and took that quote along with us to the RV show. We told the salesman we were only interested in purchasing at the show IF they would meet the quote we had. They did. As it turned out, the quote was on a 2016 model (and a good reduction in price), but the rig at the show was a 2017, so we got a REALLY good deal!

That said, if they were unable to meet the price, we were fine with traveling to the dealer 250 miles away to get that price.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)