Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KChalfant View Post
    Thank you. Just learning how to use this forum
    @KChalfant -

You can look over the community rules here:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ommunity-Rules

Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @FT4NOW
    I see what you’re saying now. Apologies for my misunderstanding. However, there is a second step to sanitizing that involves operating all faucets in dry camp mode to get the bleach solution through all hoses and fixtures using the water pump. I think this is where the instructions may be missing a step to turn the water heater to bypass when in dry camp mode so you can sanitize all lines without the solution going through the water heater. Does that make sense?
    I think it makes sense what you're saying. I wonder if we have different versions of the manual. I just typed Nautilus P4 manual in Google and downloaded it from BANDBMOLDERS, which is the manufacturer. Looking through what I found, the instructions stop after you've filled the FW tank and then disconnected the hose which was connected to bleach solution. Now immediately after the sanitize section is the dry camping section, but it doesn't say to switch right away, you would want to dump the solution and run FW through the tank multiple times.

Are you going off the GD manual or the P4 manual?
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I think it makes sense what you're saying. I wonder if we have different versions of the manual. I just typed Nautilus P4 manual in Google and downloaded it from BANDBMOLDERS, which is the manufacturer. Looking through what I found, the instructions stop after you've filled the FW tank and then disconnected the hose which was connected to bleach solution. Now immediately after the sanitize section is the dry camping section, but it doesn't say to switch right away, you would want to dump the solution and run FW through the tank multiple times.

The P4 manual is in the GD manual I received. The Sanitizing section of the GD manual refers to the P4 manual in a few places.
    2022 Solitude 310GK
    2022 Ram 3500

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The P4 manual is in the GD manual I received. The Sanitizing section of the GD manual refers to the P4 manual in a few places.
    I gotcha. Well, if you're concerned about the water heater and want to sanitize the fixture lines I would make sure the red valve is in the bypass position, and then you won't need to worry about getting bleach solution in the water heater, and obviously some of the hot water lines.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotcha. Well, if you're concerned about the water heater and want to sanitize the fixture lines I would make sure the red valve is in the bypass position, and then you won't need to worry about getting bleach solution in the water heater, and obviously some of the hot water lines.
    Perfect. Thanks so much for the help, and your patience. It’s a bit overwhelming figuring all this out.
    2022 Solitude 310GK
    2022 Ram 3500

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect. Thanks so much for the help, and your patience. It’s a bit overwhelming figuring all this out.
    No worries, we were all in your shoes at some point. You won't be thanking this forum with all the money it will make you spend after seeing new mods or ideas. [emoji6]
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The instructions are definitely not clear and my Solitude manual has the B&BMolders manual as an insert. I did this a couple of times last year (and have a tank water heater). I drained the hot water heater and left the anode out (also removed filter cartridge). On power fill fresh water tank, no water went into the hot water tank - water went directly into the fresh water tank. Despite what's been said, the instruction manual for the Suburban SW12DEL actually says to use household bleach mixture to eliminate odors in the hot water system. Changing Lanes video says don't do it and they switch to winterize to get the chlorinated water into the lines and faucets but not in the hot water heater.
    Last edited by ajg617; 02-27-2023 at 06:17 PM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    The instructions are definitely not clear and my Solitude manual has the B&BMolders manual as an insert. I did this a couple of times last year (and have a tank water heater). I drained the hot water heater and left the anode out (also removed filter cartridge). On power fill fresh water tank, no water went into the hot water tank - water went directly into the fresh water tank. Despite what's been said, the instruction manual for the Suburban SW12DEL actually says to use household bleach mixture to eliminate odors in the hot water system. Changing Lanes video says don't do it and they switch to winterize to get the chlorinated water into the lines and faucets but not in the hot water heater.
    Can't really be surprised when you have a bunch of different components from different manufacturers that integrate together, but thr manuals are not written to align with each other. Seems perfect for the RV industry. If only there was some organization that was in charge of standards for these things...

At the end of the day, you just need to do what you think is best for your situation.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12