Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    I'll think about the X-factors.
    I have not looked at the SRE-4000, know nothing about it. The first question that came to my mind is, why would I want extra horizontal movement? Maybe extra vertical movement, but then again I know nothing about the 4000's.

I had installed the CRE-3000 on our Imagine and they still looked great when we traded it in for the Solitude, and the ride and towing was greatly improved. Now granted our Imagine was a lot smaller and lighter and had rigid equalizers to start with before I changed to the CRE-3000, that was a big change and difference. The EquaFlex on our Solitude is basically the same as the CRE-3000. I just think the MORryde product is better than the Lippert.

I'll look into the SRE-4000's to see what it offers over the CRE's. Just a quick google search on the SRE-4000 mentions it comes with the X-factor, and that is what you recommend looking into so I'm guessing that's the major difference using the SRE's instead of the CRE's?
    I screwed up (again - but the last one was over an hour ago, so today is a good day....)..... The SRE4000 allows 4" of vertical travel vs. the 3" of travel with the CRE3000. The SRE4000 also uses a different method of rubber bushing to absorb some shock and movement and it is warranted for 3 years vs. the 2 years the CRE3000 offers.

Here is some information on the SRE4000.

Which ever way you go I'll guess the ride will improve.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    This post may get lengthy ......

If you haven't placed orders for parts yet you might contact Marc, at OEM Parts Store. He is quite knowledgeable with suspension systems and has been extremely helpful to me and has great prices. Also, when I can't find a Dexter or Lippert part number on his website, I email him and he sends me a link to that particular part on his website. Give it a try. I currently have leaf springs on order and I've ordered axle assemblies with springs in the past.

https://www.theoempartsstore.com/hel...us&mode=update

Good luck,
    Dustin
    Dustin and Doris

2018 2600RB
    2016 Tundra: 5.7L with towing package.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Thanks for the info - very helpful. Sorry, I don’t mean to go off-topic but I’m curious if you considered the Road Master slipper system (or why not?). Kinda comparable cost-wise and relatively simple install. A friend with a 310 just had that done and he really likes it so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    For me, the decision was pretty easy. Slippers do not distribute load between the axles as effectively and have less articulation and dampening limited to shocks. It's nothing new or my opinion, but typical cons for them that the various makers point out when doing pros/cons of their various suspensions. I have also personally had slippers on campers and various trailers I've owned and am not a fan, especially when they've worn in.
    Don't get me wrong, plenty of cons with double-eye too. However, the double-eye at least more opportunity to improve it and parts available anywhere in N.America.
    I'm a big fan of Roadmaster products. I started with their shock kit last year, and this year installed their slipper spring system. As geotex1 mentioned, they don't distribute load between axels as much, but I see that as an advantage. There are less moving parts and less maintenance items such as bushings. To me it's closer to an independent suspension as it allows the axels to operate independently of each other. I've put just over 2k miles on the slippers now, and the only thing I don't like is the extra noise of the spring as it rides on the perch. Kind of sounds like my old weight distribution system when we towed travel trailers. That said, the noise is less as the system wears in. My 2930 rides slightly nose high (always has) and I was a little concerned about the rear tires running hotter after moving away from the OEM equalizer based suspension. So far I've seen no difference in tire temperatures. I'm not saying that slippers are the ultimate solution, but it brings a good alternative to the table for those who are rebuilding their suspensions. In the case of Roadmaster, the slippers have the upper shock mounts built into their desgn.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine just put the Roadmaster slippers on his Reflection 28BH and has nothing but great things to say about the improvement. They go coast to coast annually.

On the equalizers, any thoughts on the Lippert RoadArmor? I just installed those on my TT and had the first tow with it last week. Nice improvement over the stock solid equalizer, and I liked that they seem more durable and beefier than the CRE3000 with damping in two directions.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    A friend of mine just put the Roadmaster slippers on his Reflection 28BH and has nothing but great things to say about the improvement. They go coast to coast annually.

On the equalizers, any thoughts on the Lippert RoadArmor? I just installed those on my TT and had the first tow with it last week. Nice improvement over the stock solid equalizer, and I liked that they seem more durable and beefier than the CRE3000 with damping in two directions.
    No I didn't consider Lippert, but then again anything is better than solid equalizers. Had that on our Imagine then installed MORryde CRE's and loved them. Now with our Solitude the Equaflex equalizer did it's job since the rig was new but now they seem a little wore out. I like MORryde, I'm going with them. I am not going to go crazy with modifications, the rig handles nice and smooth and so far has been great, so I'll just change out the Equaflex for MORryde and let her ride.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Lippert EquaFlex was what I replaced when I redid the springs on my Momentum. I was less than impressed with their condition, as the rubber was in very poor shape with a couple of small chunks falling out when they were removed. In my mind the Dexter EZ-Flex is a superior product. But JMO of course.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    The Lippert EquaFlex was what I replaced when I redid the springs on my Momentum. I was less than impressed with their condition, as the rubber was in very poor shape with a couple of small chunks falling out when they were removed. In my mind the Dexter EZ-Flex is a superior product. But JMO of course.
    https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Armor...08XDNHVNR?th=1

Yeah, the Equa-flex look a bit simple next to the Road Armors. These things are solid units.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I got the MORryde CRE 3000 and shackle kit and bushings ordered, be here in a few days. I decided against the SRE4000. As I said in the above post the rig has handle great for the last three years all over America so I see no reason to change from the existing suspension type or install mods for the sake of installing mods, or if it really doesn't need it or for only one more year of product warranty. Only exception is swapping out the EquaFlex for MORryde. I like MORryde and I'm sticking with them.

Now as for the leaf springs, I took another look at them this morning and I've decided they are ok and I am going to run them for another year. See pics. I'll order a spare spring and have it on hand just in case, but I'll run on the stock 3500# springs for another year.

Besides when I was looking at springs, I thought if I was going to change all four I would go up to 4000# springs of the same measurements. Well it seems they are not readily available except from a few places and a lot of the aftermarket web sites like Etrailer go back to those same few suppliers like Dexter and Lippert. Etrailer is temporally back ordered for 4000# springs 26" loaded 24 7/8 unloaded, 1.75 width 7 leaf. Lippert was going to get back to me on availability but haven't yet. Seems like the 4000# springs are kind of an odd ball double eye spring. Also a lot of sites want you to go to slipper springs to get 4000# springs, well I'm not going to do that. But lots of places have the 3500# springs.

So new bushings bolts nuts shackles and MORryde equalizer and a single spare 3500# spring and spare U bolts just in case it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LF.jpg   LR.jpg   RF.jpg   RR.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I tried to replace my 3,500 lb. springs with 4,000 lb. springs, I ran into the same shortages. I finally ended up getting them from Lippert, but it was close to when we were going to leave and I was sweating bullets they would arrive on time. I was thinking the shortage had eased and they were easier to get. But yeah, it seemed many of the 4,000 lb. springs were slipper springs, with the double eye in the minority.

Those springs don't look too bad, maybe one is sketchy, but overall not needing immediate replacement.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta watch etrailer and other online suppliers or you will end up with a spring pack stamped "Made in China." The like to confuse with having Dexter P/Ns but the fine print is "compatible" or such. There are some good springs that come from some makers overseas, but none should come at a Dexter price! Made in China sells at about 1/3 the price.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast