User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman View Post
    I have done that (leveled it manually) but kind of defeats the point of having the auto level system.
    I'm confused as well. The auto level system will "level" the coach and depending on where the tires are sitting ---they may be lifted. That happens all the time with the places that I camp boondocking. I don't want to carry wood like I had to in the past with stabilizer jacks and pre-level the camper. To me--that's the value of the hydraulic leveling system. I have stacks of plastic blocks that I add under the leveling jacks to keep the stroke length as short as possible and then let the leveling system do it's thing. It's magical and fun to watch. A huge lifesaver from doing it the old-fashioned way.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^^^^^^^My feelings exactly.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    I'm confused as well. The auto level system will "level" the coach and depending on where the tires are sitting ---they may be lifted. That happens all the time with the places that I camp boondocking. I don't want to carry wood like I had to in the past with stabilizer jacks and pre-level the camper. To me--that's the value of the hydraulic leveling system. I have stacks of plastic blocks that I add under the leveling jacks to keep the stroke length as short as possible and then let the leveling system do it's thing. It's magical and fun to watch. A huge lifesaver from doing it the old-fashioned way.
    We do the same but use Anderson levelers. We used them most of the time with our Reflection 150, but with the Momentum, times they're needed are very few and far between.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    mine had the plastic screw holes in the rear sensor stripped.
    it was justfloating around in the underbelly.

check this BEFORE doing a zero reset.
    secured mine on it's bracket with long pop rivets. it has been flawless ever since

I'm assuming that the coroplast must be either cut or lowered to access the rear sensor - is that correct?
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    I'm assuming that the coroplast must be either cut or lowered to access the rear sensor - is that correct?
    If you look above the coroplast....behind the rear axle...you can see it up there. I just checked on mine in my Reflection when I was sealing my underbelly the other evening.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    yes it does
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone run into this issue? Not all the time but probably at least half the time, the Auto Level feature sets my RV level but lifts some or all of the tires off the ground to achieve that. As I watch it process, it seems like it can't ever lower any of the jacks to achieve level, only continue raising them in an alternating fashion to get to level. So again the unit is level but somewhat shaky when you walk around in it when the tires are off the ground. I have not tried to recalibrate them as the system obviously recognizes what "level" is, just doesn't seem to be able to do anything but go up in terms of adjustments! Has anyone possibly tried manually getting their RV to the lowest possible level height, than recalibrating the leveling system? I'm unclear as to whether the leveling system considers the overall height of the unit in it's "determination" of needed adjustments. The unit is a Solitude 344 GK with Lippert hydraulic jacks. Would appreciate any insight anyone can offer.
    What works for me every time is the following:
    After unhitching and prior to pushing the auto level button I manually (from the outdoor control panel) lower the nose about a foot, maybe 18". Then I press auto level and 100% of the time the tires remain on the ground when it's finished. This assumes the coach is fairly level to begin with, side to side. This probably confuses the hitch height function however that never worked well for me from day 1, and it isn't an important feature for me compared to having the tires on the ground.

Conversely if you purposely want to raise the tires off the ground, raise the coach manually after unhitching, then press auto level.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    Titan Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000 with X Factor Crossmember
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW 6’ box
    Factory 5th/Gooseneck Prep with 20K Reese Goosebox

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markb777 View Post
    What works for me every time is the following:
    After unhitching and prior to pushing the auto level button I manually (from the outdoor control panel) lower the nose about a foot, maybe 18". Then I press auto level and 100% of the time the tires remain on the ground when it's finished. This assumes the coach is fairly level to begin with, side to side. This probably confuses the hitch height function however that never worked well for me from day 1, and it isn't an important feature for me compared to having the tires on the ground.

Conversely if you purposely want to raise the tires off the ground, raise the coach manually after unhitching, then press auto level.
    ^^^^^^100%. You said it before I could.
    Bill & Lisa
    2013 Ford F350 Platinum diesel
    2018 Reflection 303rls

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone run into this issue? Not all the time but probably at least half the time, the Auto Level feature sets my RV level but lifts some or all of the tires off the ground to achieve that. As I watch it process, it seems like it can't ever lower any of the jacks to achieve level, only continue raising them in an alternating fashion to get to level. So again the unit is level but somewhat shaky when you walk around in it when the tires are off the ground. I have not tried to recalibrate them as the system obviously recognizes what "level" is, just doesn't seem to be able to do anything but go up in terms of adjustments! Has anyone possibly tried manually getting their RV to the lowest possible level height, than recalibrating the leveling system? I'm unclear as to whether the leveling system considers the overall height of the unit in it's "determination" of needed adjustments. The unit is a Solitude 344 GK with Lippert hydraulic jacks. Would appreciate any insight anyone can offer.

We usually start with a level on the camper, if one side is very low then we use spacers under the legs to give that side more lift. It really helps keeping the other side having the tires off the ground to find level. We find it easier to add spacers than have our auto leveler try to overcome such unlevel ground.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    They work better when nearly level, lol. I usually use boards on one side to get the bubble within one tick of level, but sometimes a tire or 2 will end up off the ground anyway.
    I forgot to add that we are usually not in places where it is close to level to begin with and since we've been doing this before auto level was a thing, old habits die hard.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast