User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me there's a big difference between stabilizers and levelers. If you have stabilizers and your tires are off the ground, that's bad since stabilizers are not designed to handle that kind of weight. If you have the 6-point hydraulic levelers, then not a big deal if the trailer isn't level before you run the Autolevel. I use my levelers to raise the trailer high enough to change tires, having the tires a little off the ground when parked is no biggie. I love the hydraulic levelers since I no longer mess with putting down blocks to level the trailer, I just let the Autolevel do its job. Works a treat every time.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    To me there's a big difference between stabilizers and levelers. If you have stabilizers and your tires are off the ground, that's bad since stabilizers are not designed to handle that kind of weight. If you have the 6-point hydraulic levelers, then not a big deal if the trailer isn't level before you run the Autolevel. I use my levelers to raise the trailer high enough to change tires, having the tires a little off the ground when parked is no biggie. I love the hydraulic levelers since I no longer mess with putting down blocks to level the trailer, I just let the Autolevel do its job. Works a treat every time.
    Totally agree. Stabilizer jacks are not the same as the hydraulic or electric leveling systems. One is designed to stabilize with the tires on the ground and the other is designed to carry all the camper weight if needed to level it on uneven ground. As I noted in my previous post for this thread.....I still don't understand why a person would pre-level their RV before using the auto leveling system. I've been using my auto leveling systems for years and they work wonderfully as long as they are calibrated and operating as designed. Many of the places that we camp are very uneven locations off the beaten path for boondocking and I no longer carry any wood to pre-level the wheels. I only carry the stackable jack blocks and use them to keep the leveling jack's stroke as short as possible to add stability. It's an easy and very repeatable process.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only set up my new Reflection 5th wheel a few times, but performance of the auto-level system (four stabilizers) has been erratic. But the thing that surprises me most is that it seems to have done the best job on the worst (most uneven) sites. Last week, I brought it home and parked it in it's garage on a totally level concrete floor. It lifted all four wheels off the ground and left the rear noticeably higher than the front, not even close to level, but the controller happily declared "Success!" When I retracted the rear stabilizers to a point where the trailer was actually level, the wheels were comfortably back on the floor. Obviously, an imperfect technology.
    2022 Reflection 320 MKS
    2022 RAM 3500 DRW HO, long bed

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a screen that shows how level the unit is? Our Momentum, with the six hydraulic levelers, has a screen that will show exactly how level the trailer is. Front to back and side to side within a few tenths of a degree. Does yours have something similar?
    Howard and Peggy

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a screen that shows how level the unit is? Our Momentum, with the six hydraulic levelers, has a screen that will show exactly how level the trailer is. Front to back and side to side within a few tenths of a degree. Does yours have something similar?
    My 303 RLS Reflection has the screen inside the storage compartment and shows that as well as the the app on my phone.
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid they didn't grace me with a screen. I have to depend on this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leveling Controller.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	45269
    2022 Reflection 320 MKS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that was weird. It was right side up in my computer! See if this one doesn't make you stand on your head to see it:

Name:	Leveling Controller Flipped.jpg 
Views:	3 
ID:	45270
    2022 Reflection 320 MKS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't win! No matter which direction my original is, it puts it in upside down! I give up. You get the idea.
    2022 Reflection 320 MKS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Servant View Post
    I'm afraid they didn't grace me with a screen. I have to depend on this:

Name:	Leveling Controller.jpg 
Views:	6 
ID:	45269
    That's the same screen that I had with my Keystone Montana and the Lippert 6 jack leveling system. I was able to see the leveling specifics of front-to-back and side-to-side with it. When I wanted to tailor the auto-level result, I would always use the manual functions which I found to be pretty good and intuitive...and then tailor or tweak the leveling that I wanted. I think you can do everything that you need with this screen. Have you gone through all the menus to familiarize yourself with them?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    That's the same screen that I had with my Keystone Montana and the Lippert 6 jack leveling system. I was able to see the leveling specifics of front-to-back and side-to-side with it. When I wanted to tailor the auto-level result, I would always use the manual functions which I found to be pretty good and intuitive...and then tailor or tweak the leveling that I wanted. I think you can do everything that you need with this screen. Have you gone through all the menus to familiarize yourself with them?
    Does that show the actual readings for how level the trailer is? Mine has the large LCD screen and it shows actual readings for how level the trailer is.
    Last edited by Hoopy Frood; 03-13-2023 at 08:25 AM.
    Howard and Peggy

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast