Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum 376THS bedroom airflow

Hi all, just curious if anyone is having trouble with heat getting to the bedroom? The vent seems to be barely putting out any airflow and when it does, sometimes it feels cool to the touch. The dealership isn't finding the problem behind the access panels. I can't believe as expensive as this unit is that this can't be fixed. Maybe they haven't looked deep enough??? I've seen other units (different models) have similar issues that were noticed after dropping underbelly. Just wondering if anyone has had same issue with this specific unit. The dealership has had my unit for almost 3 months!!! Told me they submitted warranty work to GD and that GD keeps kicking it back. I called GD myself this morning and they said they never received a request for this issue. I made an appearance at my dealer and they swore up and down that they did in fact submit it. The service supervisor got involved- he believed it was submitted. He went to find proof and then turns out, someone did drop the ball and never submitted the warranty work. Anyway, I would just like to know if anyone else has had a similar issue (with the heat) because I'd like to know what it took to get it fixed. I'm not sure I trust the dealership to be honest with me. They are saying GD probably won't fix it if it's a design flaw, but I've seen the other unit (Imagine XLS 17 MKE) on here from a couple years ago said that GD did get their's fixed. I just don't understand why they (the dealership) would tell me they are working on this problem when clearly they aren't...

So the supervisor just called me with an update while I was typing this up. The techs told him that the vent on the stairs blowing by the front door is a 4 inch tube and my bedroom only has a 2 inch tube. They want to swap them. Make the door vent the 2 inch tube and my bedroom the 4 inch tube. They also tried to say that by the time the heat gets back to my bedroom the heat is cooled off because it travels so far( ) and being in the underbelly area that makes sense to them cuz it's cold in there. I told him he can try to swap the tubing and see if that works but I ain't buying the heat dissipates and becomes cool by the time it gets to my bedroom. Not to mention those storage areas are nice and warm! I'd rather sleep in them than my bedroom so I doubt they are causing the tubing to be cold!!! wow. just wow.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1031 View Post
    Hi all, just curious if anyone is having trouble with heat getting to the bedroom? The vent seems to be barely putting out any airflow and when it does, sometimes it feels cool to the touch. The dealership isn't finding the problem behind the access panels. I can't believe as expensive as this unit is that this can't be fixed. Maybe they haven't looked deep enough??? I've seen other units (different models) have similar issues that were noticed after dropping underbelly. Just wondering if anyone has had same issue with this specific unit. The dealership has had my unit for almost 3 months!!! Told me they submitted warranty work to GD and that GD keeps kicking it back. I called GD myself this morning and they said they never received a request for this issue. I made an appearance at my dealer and they swore up and down that they did in fact submit it. The service supervisor got involved- he believed it was submitted. He went to find proof and then turns out, someone did drop the ball and never submitted the warranty work. Anyway, I would just like to know if anyone else has had a similar issue (with the heat) because I'd like to know what it took to get it fixed. I'm not sure I trust the dealership to be honest with me. They are saying GD probably won't fix it if it's a design flaw, but I've seen the other unit (Imagine XLS 17 MKE) on here from a couple years ago said that GD did get their's fixed. I just don't understand why they (the dealership) would tell me they are working on this problem when clearly they aren't...

So the supervisor just called me with an update while I was typing this up. The techs told him that the vent on the stairs blowing by the front door is a 4 inch tube and my bedroom only has a 2 inch tube. They want to swap them. Make the door vent the 2 inch tube and my bedroom the 4 inch tube. They also tried to say that by the time the heat gets back to my bedroom the heat is cooled off because it travels so far( ) and being in the underbelly area that makes sense to them cuz it's cold in there. I told him he can try to swap the tubing and see if that works but I ain't buying the heat dissipates and becomes cool by the time it gets to my bedroom. Not to mention those storage areas are nice and warm! I'd rather sleep in them than my bedroom so I doubt they are causing the tubing to be cold!!! wow. just wow.
    Not surprised by the dealer actions. I have a brand new one and will just deal with GD directly and get things fixed. 3 months at the dealership is criminal to me. I am a full timer so that would never happen to me.

I just use a little elec heater in the bedroom and it works well. I do have a heat pump in the main area and it helps but is lacking to the bedroom as well, hence the little electrical heater. Maybe I have the 2" tubing as well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to sleep on the colder side, so when heats needed I usually turn on the fireplace which more than heats up my 376th and then I turn on the bedroom AC unit to a warmer temp on fan only to circulate the warm air. So far so good. But no, haven't had a lack of heat issue from the heating system.
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th
    2022 Ford F350 Crewcab 4WD SRW Diesel Longbed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 374TH and get lots of heat in the bedroom. It almost sounds like the hose is kinked or disconnected somewhere.
    Do you get much airflow from the heat vent in the garage?
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25