User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another hard no to all the add ons. Our dealership attempted to push this on us as well and ended up pretty much having an attitude when we stood our ground and were out the door for our original (reasonable per the times and market) pricing. They were disappointed they didn’t get the big haul on our dime. Shucks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandon Welcome on Extended Warranties most are not worth the paper they are written on. most problems can be solved right here with the help of all these fine people. Stay completely away from Good Sam Service Plans . I had a Slide Problem with wiring and When Service Department when for payment they was told Good Sam does not cover Wiring. Well if they do not cover wiring we all are in trouble every component they call them in the Service World has a wire hooked to them. Save you money talk to the right people here and we can get you through doing your own repairs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will chime in here as well, first off, welcome and congrats.
    I would NOT, NOPE and not even THINK ABOUT getting an extended warrenty.
    We have been rving for around 20 years, four bumber pulls, now on our thrid fifth wheel. Some bought used and three bought brand new. Never in the 20 years have we spent as much as a warranty would cost. The largest expense was only a few hundred dollars. all the rest warranty covered. Keep in mind, documentaition for sure, GD will work with you on those issues you may have, they will take care of it, and if you have been doing for quite some time, you will be able to fix most little things yourself. And if you need to higher someone, seems you have the knowledge to oversee and accept or deny the repairs before you pay.
    Put the cost, if nothing else some $$$ aside every month you make your payment, you will be surprised how much yo uwill save and even have some extra for a ealry pay off gift to your self.
    Good Luck,
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like everyone said, “No to all.” I’m ashamed to admit I did once, but never again. From experience, the “ceramic” protection does not live up to the claims, and when it fails, the repair is only to buff out the dullness, which looked terrible on my tan fiberglass exterior unit (not a Grand Design by the way). I will add, however, Camping World agreed to paint the faded nose cap at its expense. CW generally treated us well.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Forum Brandon. Great to hear off the lifelong memories you are making with your family. As for the extended warranties, they are truly a cash cow for the dealers. When we bought our fifth wheel, the warranty started at $4200 and the more we said no the lower the price got. I think the last price they offered was under 2 grand. Thanks to this forum I came across some wax called Collinite 845. I have always been picky about my vehicles and I am really impressed by this stuff. Easy on, easy off and does a great job. A lot cheaper than a ceramic coating.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought an extended policy for our used 2021 22RBE. Eight years policy with $100 deductible which included tire protection. Got it through Americas RV Warranty for $2200. Exclusionary policy that covered all the expensive stuff.
    We only used it one time they gave approval for the repairs in one day and covered the repairs without any problems . We had 2 waste tank valves/cables and an awning arm replaced . They let us use a mobile tech. Total bill was $1600 which they paid right away without any argument. they paid retail price for the parts and accepted the mobile techs time estimates for the repairs.
    We wound up selling the trailer and getting a 2023 17MKE. The balance of the policy was transferred to the new owners for $50. Made a great selling tool for us. We're buying another policy for our 2023 17MKE.

The dealer wanted about $4k for a 5 year policy and another $800 for the tire coverage for 5 years.

Check out their website https://americasrvwarranty.com/ and you can email this guy for a quote Tyler Hurtt
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2021 Ford F‑150 XLT 3.5L V6 Hybrid 4WD SuperCrew Cab Factory Max tow package

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you to all for your replies and advice. We will stay clear of the dealers service offers, I was already leaning that direction but you never know so I asked!

We have been busy cleaning out the old camper and prepping it for trade in. I can’t believe what we pull out of it until we had to!

We go in tomorrow to go through the walkthrough and I have an extensive PDI checklist to go through and I plan to take my time and even bring lunch and dirty clothes for crawling up and under!

We look forward to sharing our new journey with you and thank you again for your warm welcomes, advice and most importantly your time.
    Last edited by CardOneConcepts; 03-07-2023 at 12:07 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CardOneConcepts View Post
    Thank you to all for your replies and advice. We will stay clear of the dealers service offers, I was already leaning that direction but you never know so I asked!

We have been busy cleaning out the old camper and prepping it for trade in. I can’t believe what we pull out of it until we had to!

We go in tomorrow to go through the walkthrough and I have an extensive PDI checklist to go through and I plan to take my time and even bring lunch and dirty clothes for crawling up and under!

We look forward to sharing our new journey with you and thank you again for your warm welcomes, advice and most importantly your time.
    You are WELCOME!
    Take your time.
    Good Luck and Be Safe.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say most of that isn't necessary but Murphy's law is still alive and well. We have a 337RLS and sure as the sun sets, when the crappy one year GD manufacturers warrant expires we have a problem with the Schwinn tech slide that ended up being about 3k to fix. We had the extended warranty but there's still a deductible. The warranty saved me a good deal of money but here's the rub. It took 8 months from the time I made the Appointment with a dealer and they charge $150.00 for every issue you want diagnosed and maybe the warranty will cover it, maybe not. The warranty company will try to find any way out of it. GD will tell you it's not their problem cause it's off their warranty and you just end up at the mercy of the dealer. Find a good one if you need help. In retrospect I'd say I was okay with the warranty because we had such a catastrophic issue and if you have a Schwinn Tech slide you are apt to, see all the post about those but I do agree that you can just set that money aside if you have it and pay out of pocket.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No to all of it. Coach net is good, but you can buy it directly from coach net for $179/year not all that up front.
    Last edited by ddepew; 03-09-2023 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Typo on price

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12