Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    I've got the ProPride hitch, which helps control the wag of the dog a lot. I've been hit a lot with gusts up to 35 mph during some all day drives, and some 40's. Can feel it, and sometimes I say "Woa!", but not enough to need both hands clamped on the wheel. But my truck is the Heavy Duty payload version, with airbags, stiff tires, that are aired up to max pressure. Never felt unsafe, although I'm sure a bigger truck would be much better. Don't think, however, you can directly compare what you may experience compared to mine.

Driving into a stiff wind is the pits. MPG sunk to a low of 3 (!) across South Dakota one trip. Called a dealer in Rapid City to set up an appointment, from the road, to fix my broken truck. That evening, in the Badlands, the wind stopped and I went for a drive to Wall, SD unhitched. 21 mpg highway. It was just the wind....
    Thanks for the reply -- I am going to start out with my RAM 1500 and 2670MK -- but I think I really need to spring for the ProPride 3P vs E4 Equalizer (have read so many 1/2T using such on the 2670MK). BTW, badlands/Wall was a cool trip for us back in 2002; those days I was a 5er (Prowler 30ft) + GMC2500 Duramax. Never one issue. My plan is to go after a 3500 (or F350) asap, and skip the fretting.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majormaxie View Post
    Thanks for the reply -- I am going to start out with my RAM 1500 and 2670MK -- but I think I really need to spring for the ProPride 3P vs E4 Equalizer (have read so many 1/2T using such on the 2670MK). BTW, badlands/Wall was a cool trip for us back in 2002; those days I was a 5er (Prowler 30ft) + GMC2500 Duramax. Never one issue. My plan is to go after a 3500 (or F350) asap, and skip the fretting.
    Please post your cat scale weigh tickets when you are all packed up
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majormaxie View Post
    Probably a good plan, I towed my 2800BH which is similar size and weight for a year and a half with no issues using a Blue Ox. Then last fall I had 3 trips in a row with higher winds an enough push that it was very uncomfortable if not dangerous. The hitch did its job of controlling sway and brought it back in line after each push.

I installed a Pro Pride before my last trip which had low winds but the truck push was still much better.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123