User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElainaJ View Post
    Thanks everyone for your input! I replaced all the fuses and reset the breakers and it worked! Honestly, I don't think I FULLY turned off the main house breaker so I'm not sure if it is the replaced fuses that fixed it or if it's because I PROPERLY and fully turned off the main breaker that leads to the pedestal. However, I'm going to guess it was the fuses since I did have power to part of the RV.... Let me know your opinion, for future reference! ;-)
    It was the breakers, fuses have nothing to do with 120v power.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power not working to NON-GFCI outlets (GFCI outlets ARE working)

I figured it was the pedestal or house breaker in this case from the start
    Always check the obvious first
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had same symptoms in my 17mke. It turned out to be the GFI outlet which is upstream of all the other normal outlets. The output leg terminal of the GFI had over heated and melted the outlet plastic enough to loosen connection internally. So all outlets downstream had no power. The over heating was due to using an electric heater and other things in all those normal outlets which are downstream of the GFI. That's when I found out that there is only one circuit in the camper that serves all the outlets, with the first outlet being the GFI. I would have thought that the inside 120V outlets would have been divided into more than one circuit, but no! Best place to plug the heater in would be the GFI, but it's located under upper cabinet above the sink in the bathroom. Hardly a easy place to reach.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had similar problem on 5th W 295R with 50A service. Electric heater had been running while coffee pot was on. Later discovered non gfci outlets on hutch (2) and (3) in bedroom had no power. Later that night at 3am propane sensor started beeping. Got up to find no heat, no refrigerator power, lights were dim but working. Fireplace was working! Very strange! So what I did was shut everything down, went out to post pedestal and shut off 50 amp breaker and adapted to 30 amp with adapter plug. Powered up the trailer and everything worked fine. Next day had park electrician check 50 amp receptacle and breaker and he said all was good. So I plugged back into the 50 amp side again and everything worked fine. I believe I lost half of my 50 amp but cannot explain why or how. Also have power watchdog surge protector and it never shutdown or turned red. I do think it had to do with the portable ceramic heater. I have moved to other campgrounds on this same trip with no problems and have not used heater again. Hope this helps but I still can’t explain why. Small comfort to know your not the only one. Safe travels my friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElainaJ View Post
    Thanks everyone for your input! I replaced all the fuses and reset the breakers and it worked! Honestly, I don't think I FULLY turned off the main house breaker so I'm not sure if it is the replaced fuses that fixed it or if it's because I PROPERLY and fully turned off the main breaker that leads to the pedestal. However, I'm going to guess it was the fuses since I did have power to part of the RV.... Let me know your opinion, for future reference! ;-)
    The issue was the main house breaker. 50AMP connections supply two separate HOT lines to the RV. Each HOT supplies power to approximately half the RV. When your breaker tripped due to the excess current draw by the heaters, one of the two 50AMP breakers tripped. Without fully resetting the house breaker, one of the HOT lines was supplying power and the other was not. Hence, you saw some circuits with power and some that did not.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big thank you to RailRoadFan for helping us on this one. We all appreciate these folks watching our backs and this forum for a way to communicate and learn. 🤠

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123