Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Removing a cabinet

We have a 2018 337 RLS. Trying to remove the cabinet in the bed room that is over top of the dresser. I pulled all the screws out ( left on loose) but is seems like something is holding it at the bottom. I do not see any screws in the bottom at all. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not done that one, but my experience with replacing the island and fridge tells me to keep looking for screws. There is likely 2 or 3 you haven't found. If that fails, slip a flat pry bar behind it and see where your sticking point is. I doubt they glued it, but it's possible.

Just curious--what are you planning to do when you have it out? I've given serious thought to pulling out the cabinet and dresser, and designing a more functional wardrobe since we're full time and could always use the space...
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, chemist308 it may be more screws. I took out the ones along the top and the ones in the lower corners. I tried to insert a small knife at the bottom but the window shade was in the way. I will have to take that down and take another wack at it. Just don't want to mess up the wall paper.

To be honest we have not used it. Thought if we took it down it would open the room up some.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used the heck out of those cabinets in our 337... missed them when we moved to the Solitude and there weren't any.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We used the heck out of those cabinets in our 337... missed them when we moved to the Solitude and there weren't any.

Rob
    Thought we would use them also but it they ended up be a catch all. Not sure what I am going to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goober View Post
    We have a 2018 337 RLS. Trying to remove the cabinet in the bed room that is over top of the dresser. I pulled all the screws out ( left on loose) but is seems like something is holding it at the bottom. I do not see any screws in the bottom at all. Thanks in advance for any help.
    I am wanting to remove mine as well and install a TV there. Did you wind up getting yours removed?
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 RAM Laramie 2500 6.7

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha gtbeau, I have tried to remove it one last time and it seems like it may be glued along the bottom. I did not pull on really had because I was afraid of damaging the wall paper. So for now we are just living with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goober View Post
    Ha gtbeau, I have tried to remove it one last time and it seems like it may be glued along the bottom. I did not pull on really had because I was afraid of damaging the wall paper. So for now we are just living with it.
    Ok thanks! I think I am going to attempt mine this weekend. I will let you know how it goes. I do think that there are screws on the bottom that are then covered by either the inner or outer panel. I think the staples will have to be removed and then the panel removed to get to the screws. I will let you know and attach pics, whether they be of a successful completion or of an ugly mistake.