User Tag List

Thread: Lighting

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lighting

I have the 3w bayonet dream lighting fixtures and want to change the bulbs to a colored bulb, red, green. I can find white replacements all daylong. Has anyone found replacements for another color?

Thank you
    Glenn
    2022 Solitude 372WB
    Western Washington

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Young View Post
    I have the 3w bayonet dream lighting fixtures and want to change the bulbs to a colored bulb, red, green. I can find white replacements all daylong. Has anyone found replacements for another color?

Thank you
    It's been nearly 2 years since I was looking for replacement bulbs for the Dream Lighting fixtures. At the time, I could not find any replacement bulbs other than through Dream Lighting. The bayonet-style LED bulb that Dream uses is (or at the time, was) unique. I even checked with M4 lighting as suggested by @JonSr. with no luck. The tabs on the bayonets carried by M4 and all other bulb outlets I contacted were different than the Dream Lighting bulbs. In the end, I changed out the fixtures so I could use medium base 12V LEDs.

Maybe M4 or others have something now that will work.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any fixture can be colored with theatrical/photographers 'gel' filters. https://us.rosco.com/en/product/colo...cts-filter-kit or a single sheet of almost any color you can imagine. And that's just one company.

Modern gel is cheap and can hold up to most incandescents, but don't let it touch halogen lamps. LEDs are great. If the gel stays cool it will last for many years.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide