User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjndsa View Post
    This is true unless you buy/install the Coleman Mach Soft Starts.
    I wonder why they are not included with the AC units from the factory if they are such a remarkable and easy upgrade......just one more thing to spend our money on I guess.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    I wonder why they are not included with the AC units from the factory if they are such a remarkable and easy upgrade......just one more thing to spend our money on I guess.
    Same reason why auto manufacturers dont install spare wheel/tire anymore on most models.... cost.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    My Furrion starts on 15 amps no problem with other things running as well
    Assuming you meant without soft starts... BOTH my Colemans (w/soft starts) start with less than 25 amps combined. Thats a big plus for one wanting to run both ACs on a 30 amp service if that is all that is available and they both try to start at the same time.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Same reason why auto manufacturers dont install spare wheel/tire anymore on most models.... cost.
    Hmmmm....I have not experienced that yet. All my new GM vehicles are still coming with spare tires....but I get it.
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Assuming you meant without soft starts... BOTH my Colemans (w/soft starts) start with less than 25 amps combined. Thats a big plus for one wanting to run both ACs on a 30 amp service if that is all that is available and they both try to start at the same time.
    We don't use our AC units very often here in the CO mountains...but I'm thinking of adding one of these to each of my AC units in the new Reflection....just in case I guess. Why not!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert58 View Post
    I recently took my Reflection 150 Series 295RL in for servicing and to take care of some little fixes that were on my "deferred maintenance" list. Had a great experience . . . less than two weeks and a reasonable final bill.

One of the items on my list was to install soft start kits on the two Coleman-Mach air conditioners. One is a 48000 series and the other is a 45000 series. The service advisor said they opened up both AC units and both already had soft start kits installed (I bought the fifth wheel new). Does anyone know if GD is including soft start with their fifth wheels? I cannot find any mention of soft start in the documentation and to me, it would be an additional selling feature.

I will go out in the next few days to verify with my eyes because I tried to run one AC last year using the 30A service in the storage facility and I blew a circuit breaker in the trailer leading me to believe I needed to get soft start . . .

Thanks!
    Bob
    @Robert58,
    A quick call to Coleman (Airexcel) will always be your best source of information.

My literature, just obtained directly from a Coleman rep I met in January, says "SOFTSTART AIR CONDITIONERS: The Coleman-Mach Soft Start, in the power up phase, REDUCES inrush amps up to 75%." No mention of how they do it. I think if you look at their web site you have to search for "QUIET SERIES POWERSAVER AIR CONDITIONERS".
    Last edited by traveldawg; 03-07-2023 at 08:06 AM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    @Robert58,
    A quick call to Coleman (Airexcel) will always be your best source of information.

My literature, just obtained directly from a Coleman rep I met in January, says "SOFTSTART AIR CONDITIONERS: The Coleman-Mach Soft Start, in the power up phase, REDUCES inrush amps up to 75%." No mention of how they do it.

It looks to me like these would be the following models: 48209-0660, 48209-0690, 48208-0660, 48208-0690, and 48207-0660.
    Seems like their new models are coming equipped with the soft start feature.....https://coleman-mach.com/products/ai...-start-series/
    Or you can retro one of the older models with their soft start box.....https://coleman-mach.com/products/cl...oft-start-kit/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    Seems like their new models are coming equipped with the soft start feature.....https://coleman-mach.com/products/ai...-start-series/
    Or you can retro one of the older models with their soft start box.....https://coleman-mach.com/products/cl...oft-start-kit/
    How about that --- now even Coleman has a Softstart kit! Thanks for that info.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @traveldawg,

Appreciate your information! Interestingly, GD responded that they do not sell units with soft start. Looks like a case where Airexcel is using soft start technology but not advertising "soft start", perhaps over copyright issues.

Bob
    Bob & Belinda
    Part timers headed to full timing, based in Mansfield, TX
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL with Trailair Turning Point
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 High Country, 4x4, SRW, B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjndsa View Post
    This is true unless you buy/install the Coleman Mach Soft Starts.
    That's what I was going to say. Airxcel/Coleman is making their won soft start modules now so I suppose it is possible that GD could be installing them. I found out that GD had installed the RV Airflow modules in both our Coleman AC units only after I bought them to install myself. Pays to pull the covers and look before buying just to verify.

https://www.rvnews.com/coleman-mach-...kit-available/
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast