User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Pleather Recliners and Couch Deterioration

Anyone out there have an issue with their pleather recliners and couch peeling? I don't recall seeing any posts about the issue. I have a 2018 Reflection 150 295RL. The peeling is on the arm rests, seats and where the head rests on the recliners
    and on the arm rests of the couch as well as the seat. The color of the recliners are a dark, dark brown.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pleather Recliners and Couch Deterioration

Very common. Many posts on here about it

What did you want to know btw?

Bug spray is this biggest culprit as well as body oils
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply! Oh, if anyone had used any type of self-sticking material or liquid brush applicator to mitigate the look. We are using recliner and couch covers currently but if we wish to use
    the hide-a-bed it means taking off the cover and replacing once we are finished, a real pain. After the post, I did see a way to research and noted most just replaced the furniture and a couple covered like we did.
    Funny thing about it was we had the recliners covered but it seemed worse than the couch, which we didn't have covered!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LincolnGuy View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Oh, if anyone had used any type of self-sticking material or liquid brush applicator to mitigate the look. We are using recliner and couch covers currently but if we wish to use
    the hide-a-bed it means taking off the cover and replacing once we are finished, a real pain. After the post, I did see a way to research and noted most just replaced the furniture and a couple covered like we did.
    Funny thing about it was we had the recliners covered but it seemed worse than the couch, which we didn't have covered!
    When our 2019 295RL starts doing that, thats what we will probably do... just cover them.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're debating on replacing the recliners or just getting them recovered.

The cost will be about the same whichever route we take.

For now we have covers on them, and it's a pain to have to fix/adjust them every time we get out of the recliner.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im using 303 areo-space protectant and no problem yet but too soon to tell. I suspect high interior heat in storage, suntan lotion, bug spray.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone out there have an issue with their pleather recliners and couch peeling? I don't recall seeing any posts about the issue. I have a 2018 Reflection 150 295RL. The peeling is on the arm rests, seats and where the head rests on the recliners
    and on the arm rests of the couch as well as the seat. The color of the recliners are a dark, dark brown.
    My Solitude is an '18 also. Haven't pealed yet but we're waiting. We have covered couch & theater seating since new 'cause our barker stands on them to look out the windows for rabbits & squirrels.
    When in storage we also keep the shades down. So far so good, but when it happens we prob will replace with Rec Pro or similar.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanerC View Post
    Im using 303 areo-space protectant and no problem yet but too soon to tell. I suspect high interior heat in storage, suntan lotion, bug spray.
    I think it's just a poor way of producing leather looking leather furniture. Even household bonded leather peels. Ours peeled , both the chairs and couch even in areas where no one ever sat. The one side of the couch back cushion had nothing left but the fabric it was glued to. I wouldn't replace it with the same thing and ended up replacing the 2 recliners with a residential reclining (real) leather loveseat. The sofa sleeper with the newer vynil fabric from Lippert, but only after a healthy discount. I understand now they are not offering much of a discount for replacing as in the past. Without that discount we would not have replaced with another Lippert product. But will say the newer vynil they are using has performed so much better and is holding up to my couch loving Aussies.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most the problem is the material.I have done upholstery work for year ,we had to redo several motorcycle seats because of fabric chaffing. Most of the fabric used in the RV industry is very low quality