User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no filter minder on the cummins? my gm has a message on the dash when a filter change is needed.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    no filter minder on the cummins? my gm has a message on the dash when a filter change is needed.
    Sure is - but they are at 50-60% when I'm changing them. Says I could go to 15K - not going to do that. Everything changed 6-8K. Maybe overkill but a lot of towing miles this year.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Sure is - but they are at 50-60% when I'm changing them. Says I could go to 15K - not going to do that. Everything changed 6-8K. Maybe overkill but a lot of towing miles this year.
    as filthy as you said it was, it either isn't accurate, or someone has been resetting it without changing it. has your dealer been charging you for filters?

my gm minder reads on the conservative side.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wowser. I wish I was as flush as you guys. My oil change, which I just did today, comes to about $40 for three gallons of Mobil Delvac 1300 Super, and $15 for oil filter. The fuel filters are about $60 for both. I don't have a lift, and I can get it done in an hour and a half. And Walmat or most any auto supply store will take the used oil. I have a Fumoto valve, so no messing with the drain plug, flip and drain. Easy peasy.

I don't mean to be a Debby Downer, but a $600 oil change simply takes my breath away.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    as filthy as you said it was, it either isn't accurate, or someone has been resetting it without changing it. has your dealer been charging you for filters?

my gm minder reads on the conservative side.
    I don't think I have an air filter minder - going to have to look but there is a barometric pressure sensor which probably triggers a code. No charges for filters. To be fair, 33K on the filter change was a long time - but each dealer said they inspected it and it was fine and RAM is 30K for an air filter change. It's all the feathers that really surprised me.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Wowser. I wish I was as flush as you guys. My oil change, which I just did today, comes to about $40 for three gallons of Mobil Delvac 1300 Super, and $15 for oil filter. The fuel filters are about $60 for both. I don't have a lift, and I can get it done in an hour and a half. And Walmat or most any auto supply store will take the used oil. I have a Fumoto valve, so no messing with the drain plug, flip and drain. Easy peasy.

I don't mean to be a Debby Downer, but a $600 oil change simply takes my breath away.
    It's $1K at the local dealer - don't hold your breath. And, nobody is taking the old oil anymore. Even the town dump stopped taking it and they were charging $.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I have an air filter minder - going to have to look but there is a barometric pressure sensor which probably triggers a code. No charges for filters. To be fair, 33K on the filter change was a long time - but each dealer said they inspected it and it was fine and RAM is 30K for an air filter change. It's all the feathers that really surprised me.
    A turbo diesel sucks in huge amounts of air, I'd feel really uncomfortable going much over 10,000 miles between air filter changes. But 7,500 miles on an oil change makes me queasy.
    Howard and Peggy

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's $1K at the local dealer - don't hold your breath. And, nobody is taking the old oil anymore. Even the town dump stopped taking it and they were charging $.
    It makes you wonder how they can charge that with a straight face. I'm be embarrassed to do it. It's not a problem around here disposing of used oil. I usually buy my Delvac in 5 gallon buckets at Wally World, and take my old oil back when I buy new. They do have a 5 gallon drop off limit per visit.

I'm kind of anxious to get my oil sample off to Blackstone Labs. This truck was new-to-me last April, and this will be the second oil change, and I'm curious to see how things look. That Fumoto valve really makes taking an oil sample a no brainer.
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    It makes you wonder how they can charge that with a straight face. I'm be embarrassed to do it. It's not a problem around here disposing of used oil. I usually buy my Delvac in 5 gallon buckets at Wally World, and take my old oil back when I buy new. They do have a 5 gallon drop off limit per visit.

I'm kind of anxious to get my oil sample off to Blackstone Labs. This truck was new-to-me last April, and this will be the second oil change, and I'm curious to see how things look. That Fumoto valve really makes taking an oil sample a no brainer.
    I questioned my service guy when he was ready to charge 250 for the fuel filter. He was like “Well we need to prime and bleed it”. Nope, in front of the fuel tank on the low pressure side spin on paper elements. 5 minutes, but, for the warranty I have to show it was replaced. Don’t want to give the dealer any opportunity to deny something downstream. As soon as the warranty is up, we’ll be doing all this myself.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    90 bucks for the oil
    15 for the oil filter
    45 for the air filter
    250 for the fuel filter

That’s about what they charged me last time I had the filters changed at once.

Total rip off.

Bill
    All those prices sound good except the fuel filter. I know I can order Motorcraft OEM fuel filters between $40 - 70 online depending which motor. Either way, total would be no where near $600. If I'm paying $600 for an oil change it better include new truck batteries or something.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast