User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Propane hookup

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added an adapter and hose to use a camp chef pro 90 grill without regulator on ours, no problems, we cook 95% outside.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    A regular tank costs at least $50

Fiberglass lasts longer
    Doesn’t rust
    1/3 lighter
    Can see propane level left
    You can find on sale for less than a hundred if you are able to
    Wait

Price is a red herring
    Being a hybrid material does it still have a certification stamp on it and does it need to be inspected every few years like a regular tank?
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    Being a hybrid material does it still have a certification stamp on it and does it need to be inspected every few years like a regular tank?
    Yes it does. For the fiberglass tanks, I believe it is every 5 years, but not positive.

Should not forget that 1/3 lighter is for an empty tank. When it's full the difference is no longer 1/3. It's the basically difference between 32 lbs. and 37 lbs. on a full 20 lb. tank.
    Last edited by Hoopy Frood; 03-15-2023 at 02:41 PM.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    I had purchased one a few years ago. I also ran into a number of propane fill stations who would not fill it. They were unfamiliar (unaware) of these tanks and said they were either not legal or just not sure about it. I understand it is less of a problem now, but be aware, there still are places who won't touch a hybrid tank.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbreaker View Post
    Hi All,
    I have an auxiliary propane outlet on my Imagine. Can this be hooked directly to a portable grill? I have read opinions that say no and others that say yes. The dilemma is that there would be two gas regulators in the gas line. The first one is built into the trailer....the second is on the portable grill.
    We attach our Blackstone Grill with a 12’ Quick-connect hose we purchased from Amazon, and it works fine.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    We started with the little green bottles with our 17" Blackstone.

Attachment 45190

I have since migrated over to using a BBQ sized propane tank with the adapter. I put the tank in a plastic milk crate so it doesn't roll around in the back of the pickup. I use this same tank with our fire-pit.
    I never liked the idea of being tethered to the trailer's propane supply but that's just me. YRMV
    We enjoy moving the grill from spot to spot as needed.

We recently bought a 22" Blackstone and will use the same set up.

Attachment 45191

Safe travels!
    We have the 22” Blackstone, 12’ Quick-connect hose to connect to the auxiliary LP on the Trailer. No issues.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123