User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    You know, I was thinking about this. If I find that the Never Fail bushings I will install this spring do not pan out and I need to go back to bronze bushings, I wonder if it would be better to use marine molly lube rather than greasing through the zerk. If the lube were applied liberally prior to installation, I wonder if that wouldn't end up lasting longer than No. 2 grease applied through the zerks regularly? I use molly lube on the boat for rams, gears and such and it has an incredible ability to bond to the metal surfaces, is waterproof, etc. There was a separate thread with lots of discussion about bushings and Never Fails specifically. Some of us ordered them off eBay but this molly lube thing just occurred to me as I was doing some other boat maintenance yesterday. Anyway, just a thinking...
    IMO, any lube will not stay in place long, and what little is left will be a magnent for dirt which will just accelerate the wear.
    OTOH the neverfails are backed by a lifetime warranty and use graphite as their lubricant
    the package has pics of worn out bronze and plastic bushings and a pic of a neverfail that they claim has 100,000 miles on it.
    IDK about that, but i do know that the ones i installed on my previous tt lasted over 50k and as far as i know are likely still going strong for it's new owners.
    So i think 100k is possible.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I have X-factors spanning all three hanger locations. I have to because I am forced to tabletop turn into our driveway every trip because of our narrow road. The lateral force is tremendous with this type of turn, but it's a great upgrade IMO regardless. The standard hangers are insufficient, even with v-clips.
    Just wanted to second the vote on X-factors on ALL the hanger locations. I didn't and experience frame cracking. All is fixed now and I've moved on to an IS.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Just wanted to second the vote on X-factors on ALL the hanger locations. I didn't and experience frame cracking. All is fixed now and I've moved on to an IS.
    Do you put the wet bolt through the X-Factor brace or just to the hanger itself? I think I will invest in it, but wondered if I had to change wet bolts at the time of installation of the X-Factor.

Thanks in advance
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msutoad View Post
    Do you put the wet bolt through the X-Factor brace or just to the hanger itself? I think I will invest in it, but wondered if I had to change wet bolts at the time of installation of the X-Factor.

Thanks in advance
    Wet bolts go through. MORryde provides the longer length, which is a standard length readily available.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wet bolts go through. MORryde provides the longer length, which is a standard length readily available.
    ok so when I buy them, the longer bolts will come with the brace itself then right?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msutoad View Post
    ok so when I buy them, the longer bolts will come with the brace itself then right?
    Correct. My comment about the longer being readily available was for spares. Many of us travel with tools and parts to get us out of trouble.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct. My comment about the longer being readily available was for spares. Many of us travel with tools and parts to get us out of trouble.
    Yeah I have a stash of goodies with me too just in case!!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removed post and edited. See post #49 for a good video showing installation.

Thanks, @powerscol.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 03-09-2023 at 11:15 AM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    edited by travelog (moderator) to remove some inaccurate info.... what powerscol posted here is good info.

Actually they do use the wet bolt to be secured, 3 minute mark in this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxveKy1oHGw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyzGWXdy71c he mentions at 2:48 about the longer bolt being needed. Big error is he jacked against the axle tube

I have 3 assembly's here waiting for the snow to melt and my new axles to show up. Per the instructions and measuring the included wet bolt it does in fact go through the spring hangers and the x-factor cross tube backing plate before the nut goes on. The nut snugs against the backing plate and will torque against the bolt face, just as in the OEM install the secondary locking support comes from the top cross bar. For my install I will need to drill one hole each side for the front and rear cross braces.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by traveldawg; 03-09-2023 at 11:17 AM. Reason: removed inaccurate quoted post
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edited by traveldog (moderator) to remove some inaccurate info. What powerscol and @geotex1 is more accurate than what I posted

. With CRE3000s and the spring hangers ALL X-factors bolt on via the wet bolts and then have an additional clamping plate to prevent rotation. Only an SRE4000 X-factor does not bolt via wet bolt for standard hangers. Correct tracks are another matter, but not relative to GD. The mounting graphics are in the brochure you linked, and the first couple pages for the standard.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 03-09-2023 at 11:17 AM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast