User Tag List

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    ... and crack a beer
    Probably the most important step of setting up your camper at any site.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Probably the most important step of setting up your camper at any site.
    Or maybe, the most important step after setting up your camper. With me, the first one goes down so good it's usually followed in short order by another.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Or maybe, the most important step after setting up your camper. With me, the first one goes down so good it's usually followed in short order by another.
    Or.....drink as many beers as you can quickly and play "setup the camper before the alcohol kicks in"....probably a bad idea [emoji848]
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Or.....drink as many beers as you can quickly and play "setup the camper before the alcohol kicks in"....probably a bad idea [emoji848]
    Yeah, prolly.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just watched the latest video from "Gone With the Wynns" and they toured a Lippert factory in London that makes parts for boats. Deep into the video they had a very good discussion with the Electrical Engineer about 48 volts versus 12 volts and the advantages of transitioning to the higher voltage.

Boats use electric motors just like we do in our RVs and the same advantages exist for the RVer as they do for the boats. It seems like the boat world is making the transition to 48 volts and Lippert is deeply involved in the transition. Since Lippert is a huge supplier of parts and systems for the RV world, it is not a stretch to think the transition to 48v will happen to Rvs, probably sooner than even I would have thought.

Here is the link to a very interesting (and short) discussion on the advantages of 48 volt vs 12 volt electrical systems:

48v vs 12v Electric Architecture -- Well worth the watch
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 03-19-2023 at 11:18 PM.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    If I am going to ask a question, I should be willing to answer the question...

I think there is a lot of pressure on the RV industry to upgrade the low voltage electrical system inside our RVs. Specifically, Solar systems are now becoming standard on many models and there is a massive switch to DC powered refrigeration. Add to this the fact that the Tow Vehicles and Chassis will be operating on 48 volts. I think the switch over to 48 volts will mirror the Auto Industry's switch over. The same advantages of less weight, higher power. and cooler operation exists for RV manufacturers as it does for Auto OEMs.

I think 48 volts will first appear in the higher end Class A Rvs and will propagate through Class "A"s before migrating into the higher end towables, beginning with 5th Wheels. Time Line: I think within 5 years the high end class "A"s will start the switch over and the entire industry switches over inside of ten years. The main reason I think this is because of the proliferation of EVs coming to market over the next decade. It will be very easy for the Auto Industry to switch to a 48v architecture as they are designing their new EVs, so, I think the RV industry will need follow the Auto Industry, especially for Towables.
    Surprise !!!!

48 volts is already here !!!!

Recently, Sandy Munro, of Munro and Associates was given an opportunity to preview one of 12 prototype Winnebago Class B, Fully Electric, Camper Van. During the discussion it was mentioned that the van had 3 voltages operating inside the camper, one of those voltages was 48 volts! The Air Conditioning system operates on 48 volts in this new camper.

Just think how nice it would to be able to operate your Air Conditioner directly from your 48 volt DC battery bank and not even need an Inverter to run the A/C.

Here is a time stamped clip of where they begin to discuss the 48 volt system in the Camper Van:

Winnebago -- 48 Volt Air Conditioner

I recommend you back the video up to watch the whole overview of this Class B, Fully Electric EV.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Surprise !!!!

48 volts is already here !!!!

Recently, Sandy Munro, of Munro and Associates was given an opportunity to preview one of 12 prototype Winnebago Class B, Fully Electric, Camper Van. During the discussion it was mentioned that the van had 3 voltages operating inside the camper, one of those voltages was 48 volts! The Air Conditioning system operates on 48 volts in this new camper.

Just think how nice it would to be able to operate your Air Conditioner directly from your 48 volt DC battery bank and not even need an Inverter to run the A/C.

Here is a time stamped clip of where they begin to discuss the 48 volt system in the Camper Van:

Winnebago -- 48 Volt Air Conditioner

I recommend you back the video up to watch the whole overview of this Class B, Fully Electric EV.
    What is the starting price?? 250000?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friends of ours, Tom and Stacie of RV Texas Y'all, first they started by eliminating the propane system. Installed an extreme solar, lithium and 48V system on their Class A designed and installed by Master Tech in Elkhart. They have a video about it up on You Tube. 12 solar panels, huge battery bank, and a bunch of other stuff I don't understand, Master Tech also installed a 48V alternator on the engine. They have some kind of charging and monitoring system that keeps all the batteries evenly charged and balanced. I think Tom said for the initial test they ran off grid, even running both AC units of just the batteries for over 34 hours and only got down to I think he said 30%. The 48 V system charges much faster and with their options of battery charging - solar, their on board generator or the Class A's engine, they don't need external power.

i guess Master Tech is installing a lot of these systems for Class A's.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Friends of ours, Tom and Stacie of RV Texas Y'all, first they started by eliminating the propane system. Installed an extreme solar, lithium and 48V system on their Class A designed and installed by Master Tech in Elkhart. They have a video about it up on You Tube. 12 solar panels, huge battery bank, and a bunch of other stuff I don't understand, Master Tech also installed a 48V alternator on the engine. They have some kind of charging and monitoring system that keeps all the batteries evenly charged and balanced. I think Tom said for the initial test they ran off grid, even running both AC units of just the batteries for over 34 hours and only got down to I think he said 30%. The 48 V system charges much faster and with their options of battery charging - solar, their on board generator or the Class A's engine, they don't need external power.

i guess Master Tech is installing a lot of these systems for Class A's.
    Is it a 48v system or a 48v battery bank? 48v battery banks are quite common on larger rigs. Basically, the storage capacity is stored at 48v, but there are no 48v load devices drawing off the batteries. All appliances would still be 12v or 120v (or even 240v since split systems are quite the rage right now). I would go 48v if Victron offered the 2x120v MPII in a 48v configuration.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    Is it a 48v system or a 48v battery bank? 48v battery banks are quite common on larger rigs. Basically, the storage capacity is stored at 48v, but there are no 48v load devices drawing off the batteries. All appliances would still be 12v or 120v (or even 240v since split systems are quite the rage right now). I would go 48v if Victron offered the 2x120v MPII in a 48v configuration.
    I really don't know, he talks about a lot of things I know nothing about. Here is their video, you can probably make more sense out of it than I can. It's all confusing to me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFg-ZfNS4n8&t=135s
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast