User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WondersAwait View Post
    Not the person you were replying to, but some of the converters and controllers sent from the factory are Lithium ready and others are not, there is no way to tell without looking at yours specifically. Take a look at your controller and converter and note the make and model, then look up (or post here) if it's lithium compatible. If it's not, they are very simple to change out and this is a great upgrade to make for your electrical system.
    So, I have the Jaboni controller (which research has told me this can be set to lithium, I will do more research to figure that process out)
    I have the Magnum Dimensions CSW2012 Inverter (which I believe is good for now)
    I cannot find the converter (unless I am looking at it and just do not know it). I have yet to search anywhere other than in front compartment. Any ideas for finding that would be appreciated.
    2022 Solitude 390RK-R
    2021 Chevy 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Long Bed DRW

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma1973 View Post
    So, I have the Jaboni controller (which research has told me this can be set to lithium, I will do more research to figure that process out)
    I have the Magnum Dimensions CSW2012 Inverter (which I believe is good for now)
    I cannot find the converter (unless I am looking at it and just do not know it). I have yet to search anywhere other than in front compartment. Any ideas for finding that would be appreciated.
    The charge controller will likely be a WFCO and if it is mounted like ours, you will need to remove the false wall in the pass thru to access it. So you have a Jaboni (charges only from the solar panel), Inverter (converts 12v to 110v), and the WFCO or equivalent (charges batteries when connected to shore power). Picture below is where mine was located.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9246.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	45188
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some lithium batteries, mine are from Renogy, come with bluetooth capabilities so a monitoring system isn't required. Just download the applicable app and you can view all the battery stats on your phone, current charge/discharge. Time remaining till charged/discharged, amp/hrs remaining etc..

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On another note, my existing WACO charger is able to keep our 2-100 amp lithium batteries charged to approx 96% so changing you controller isn't really needed.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailer View Post
    On another note, my existing WACO charger is able to keep our 2-100 amp lithium batteries charged to approx 96% so changing you controller isn't really needed.

i think you mean WFCO. those have a well deserved reputation for not switching modes. usually they are stuck @13.6. if so, they will NEVER get the batteries close to full in a camping situation. in a storage situation given enough time (days/weeks) it could get close.
    if your WFCO is a rare one that is stuck @14.8 it could get to full but, that is a little high to float them at.
    basically. WFCOs are junk. they rarely charge at the proper voltage. the one thing they have going for them is reliability. they are reliable, just reliably bad.
    that is likely why the rv industry uses them...no warranty claims.
    Last edited by huntindog; 03-18-2023 at 06:24 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12