User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch recommendation for 303rls and gmc 2500?

We are new to the 5th wheel world. We traveled in a class B for years but now need more space.

I recently traded the van for a 303RLS and are trying to figure out what hitch to put in the bed of my GMC 2500 (OEM 5th wheel prepped)

I've been told get a slider to be safe since I'm a noob which makes sense. Talked to the guys at etrailer and recommended the B & W Companion Slider

Seems like a straightforward install(?) but my question is in how to decide to adjust it for the height or other adjustments etc.?

I'm at the "I don't know what I don't know" stage.

Needing some help on any tips or what to look out for/consider...

Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the Curt Crosswing. It's light weight and has a 5" offset. With my Ram 6'4" bed I can get almost 90°, much further than I would ever attempt while backing up. I avoided a slider because a lot of people I talked to spent the money and ended up never using it, or an auto slider is around 300lbs and way too expensive.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkevinmarshsr View Post
    Check out the Curt Crosswing. It's light weight and has a 5" offset. With my Ram 6'4" bed I can get almost 90°, much further than I would ever attempt while backing up. I avoided a slider because a lot of people I talked to spent the money and ended up never using it, or an auto slider is around 300lbs and way too expensive.
    I've read that many don't use the slider. I figured I'm a rookie.....
    Definitely like the idea of saving some weight and $$.

I would like a setup that uses the already prepped bed (no rails)

I'll check it out. Thanks

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pull a 303 with our F-350. The Anderson system works fantastic. We have our 8' truck bed available in five minutes by removing the 45 pound unit.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    We pull a 303 with our F-350. The Anderson system works fantastic. We have our 8' truck bed available in five minutes by removing the 45 pound unit.
    my bed is 6'9" I believe

Is your Anderson mounted on rails or direct?
    Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
    2023 GMC 2500 AT4
    too many guitars to list

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Direct to the ball in the center of the bed.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same setup as you. 303RLS + 2021 Chev 2500 standard bed, with 5th wheel prep. I settled on the Anderson Ultimate Hitch #3220 with hitch coupler facing aft of kingpin.
    System work great. Very happy.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barleyridge View Post
    I have the same setup as you. 303RLS + 2021 Chev 2500 standard bed, with 5th wheel prep. I settled on the Anderson Ultimate Hitch #3220 with hitch coupler facing aft of kingpin.
    System work great. Very happy.
    this does look very simple

almost too easy?
    Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
    2023 GMC 2500 AT4
    too many guitars to list

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strat62 View Post
    We are new to the 5th wheel world. We traveled in a class B for years but now need more space.

I recently traded the van for a 303RLS and are trying to figure out what hitch to put in the bed of my GMC 2500 (OEM 5th wheel prepped)

I've been told get a slider to be safe since I'm a noob which makes sense. Talked to the guys at etrailer and recommended the B & W Companion Slider

Seems like a straightforward install(?) but my question is in how to decide to adjust it for the height or other adjustments etc.?

I'm at the "I don't know what I don't know" stage.

Needing some help on any tips or what to look out for/consider...

Thanks in advance
    I've used the B&W Companion fifth wheel hitch in my last three trucks and love it. It's gotta be like 12 years old now and still going strong. I bought the lower puck adapter base for my latest truck so it works with the fifth wheel prep. I have a long bed ----so I have no use for a slider hitch. Lots of room for turning, hauling, etc. The hitch is in two pieces---upper jaw section and lower base. Makes it easier for removal and installation. Recently I bought the adapter to pick up the whole hitch with the overhead winch in the shop so I will be doing that going forward.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gooseneck conversion. You replace the standard kingpin on the trailer with a gooseneck style hitch and then only have a ball and chain connection points to setup in your bed. The amount of bed space and the ease/speed of being able to go from connected to "full bed accessible" is something I would hate to give up. We have a Gen-Y on our 303 but know some friends with a Reese Goosebox on their 5er. Both are great hitches.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220812_190815.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	45185

Name:	20220812_190327.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	45186

Name:	20220812_191746.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	45187
    Last edited by WondersAwait; 03-08-2023 at 08:27 AM.
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive gooseneck conversion hitch
    630aH LiFePO4 Lion Energy battery bank, Victron Multi-Plus II Inverter, Victron MPPT, 563w solar array, CerboGX, 40a DC-DC charger

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast