User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion 7200 and TCL TV hookups

I just took possession of a 2023 GD Imagine 2970RL and I have questions regarding my equipment

I have a satellite receiver and I also watch DVDs when my location doesn't let me find any satellites. My previous trailer had a system with a CD/DVD player integrated which unfortunately this does not. I checked the Furrion site and I think this little hokey unit has 2 regular RCA audio inputs on the back so my plan is to hook my little DVD player and satellite receiver directly to the TCL TV with HDMI and then just use regular RCA cables to connect the audio to the Furrion so the audio comes out the trailer speakers instead of the TV speakers. I understand I'll need to change inputs on the TV and Furrion when I want to play something different.

Has anyone else done this and will this work for what I want?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
    I just took possession of a 2023 GD Imagine 2970RL and I have questions regarding my equipment

I have a satellite receiver and I also watch DVDs when my location doesn't let me find any satellites. My previous trailer had a system with a CD/DVD player integrated which unfortunately this does not. I checked the Furrion site and I think this little hokey unit has 2 regular RCA audio inputs on the back so my plan is to hook my little DVD player and satellite receiver directly to the TCL TV with HDMI and then just use regular RCA cables to connect the audio to the Furrion so the audio comes out the trailer speakers instead of the TV speakers. I understand I'll need to change inputs on the TV and Furrion when I want to play something different.

Welcome to the site! It should work as long as the source device doesn't disable the RCA outs when it detects HDMI.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pappcam View Post

Welcome to the forum @pappcam, your plan seems sound to me. Let us know how it works out. Hope you're enjoying the new coach.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S