Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone using the EZ Connectors for their Camper or Tow Vehicles

I watched a good YouTube video last evening about the EZ Connectors which are magnetic 7-pin connectors both male and female for your tow vehicle and RV. They look really nice and seem to have lots of good reviews. Wondering if anyone on our forum here has some reviews or opinions? I don't know that I would switch mine out because of the easy and quick break-away features (although those are nice) but more for ease of use rather than wiggling my camper plugs to line up the pins each time I go to plug in. Since the male and female plugs are keyed---they seem easy to quickly align and then the magnets appear to be super strong to hold the connections tightly.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t understand the need

My 7 pin trailer connector is keyed. It slides right into my truck without issue

I didn’t see an adapter either if you need to tow a different trailer
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I don’t understand the need

My 7 pin trailer connector is keyed. It slides right into my truck without issue

I didn’t see an adapter either if you need to tow a different trailer
    Yeah mine are keyed as well but they don't always make good contact and sometimes wiggling them in place is a task. I have never been all that happy with the contact points and keeping them clean and corrosion free.

There are a whole line of adapters on the EZConnector webpage to adapt to whatever trailer or TV you are using......
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    Yeah mine are keyed as well but they don't always make good contact and sometimes wiggling them in place is a task. I have never been all that happy with the contact points and keeping them clean and corrosion free.

There are a whole line of adapters on the EZConnector webpage to adapt to whatever trailer or TV you are using......
    I looked again and still didn’t see an adapter not that it matters
    You would need an adapter to carry if you changed your truck over but had to hook up to a different trailer that had the regular system

I live on the east coast of Canada and don’t have any corrosion issues or connection issues
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked again and still didn’t see an adapter not that it matters
    You would need an adapter to carry if you changed your truck over but had to hook up to a different trailer that had the regular system

I live on the east coast of Canada and don’t have any corrosion issues or connection issues
    Yeah---there is a whole adapter page showing all the types of adapters and yes, you would need to keep one in the truck for the trailers that didn't have the conversion. I would change the one in my bed for the fifth wheel and leave the one in the bumper standard.

I live in CO where it's dry but over time the exposed contacts still show wear due to the sun and climate here. The EZ connectors are sealed when in/out of use.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    I watched a good YouTube video last evening about the EZ Connectors which are magnetic 7-pin connectors both male and female for your tow vehicle and RV. They look really nice and seem to have lots of good reviews. Wondering if anyone on our forum here has some reviews or opinions? I don't know that I would switch mine out because of the easy and quick break-away features (although those are nice) but more for ease of use rather than wiggling my camper plugs to line up the pins each time I go to plug in. Since the male and female plugs are keyed---they seem easy to quickly align and then the magnets appear to be super strong to hold the connections tightly.
    I just installed it these on our new 324MBS. The factory 7 way was super loose compared to our previous Lance TT. Was having connection issues and figured I would give the ez connector a shot. It is great-install took an hour and the connection is super tight. The magnets are strong as can be. Not concerned at all about failure. The adapter kit was easy to plug into the factory wiring as well.
    Last edited by The Bruck Fam; 03-09-2023 at 06:21 AM.
    2023 Reflection 324MBS
    2020 Sierra 2500
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.eatmorecorn.com

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I met the inventor. Great, knowledgeable guy and great care with his product. There are adapters for every situation. When you see him at an RV show, he's got a full display. The downside is they're spendy, and if you have multiple trailers like me it becomes an investment to change and if you're just using the adapters you have to step back and ask yourself why am I introducing additional contact points? He's been to every RV manufacturer for sales pitches, but I think regardless of how interesting the product is, it's a way bigger effort because automotive manufacturers aren't going to easily transition to making it OE.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I met the inventor. Great, knowledgeable guy and great care with his product. There are adapters for every situation. When you see him at an RV show, he's got a full display. The downside is they're spendy, and if you have multiple trailers like me it becomes an investment to change and if you're just using the adapters you have to step back and ask yourself why am I introducing additional contact points? He's been to every RV manufacturer for sales pitches, but I think regardless of how interesting the product is, it's a way bigger effort because automotive manufacturers aren't going to easily transition to making it OE.
    Awesome. Good to know and yeah I could see that it would be an investment. I was thinking of trying it just for the plug on my fifth wheel and the one in the bed of my truck. The investment would be smaller and I really don't pull any other goosenecks or fifth wheels except for my one camper. I liked some of the features. Thanks.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone using the EZ Connectors for their Camper or Tow Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    No question it is neat but like you said expensive

The biggest issue with products like this is in order to be successful they need to be fixing a widespread problem
    Unfortunately that isn’t the case here
    I live in one of the most corrosive environments and I don’t have any issues but I also take care of them as well
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No question it is neat but like you said expensive

The biggest issue with products like this is in order to be successful they need to be fixing a widespread problem
    Unfortunately that isn’t the case here
    I live in one of the most corrosive environments and I don’t have any issues but I also take care of them as well
    From my experience, there are lots of neat products that are sold to customize our vehicles and even campers. Many of them don't necessarily fix a problem but make things more efficient or add capabilities. For instance, I just ordered soft starts for my AC units, a special water pump controller to make it run less and more like a variable speed pump, an air pin box to soften the ride of my fifth wheel, shocks to change the ride characteristics of the camper, and so on. All of these products are not a must-haves....but desirable by some if the budget allows. I like to see these new and innovative inventions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast