User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Thanks, I was hoping it would be good. We have a seasonal site lined up which looks like there shouldn't be too much tree coverage, but without leaves on the trees right now it's a guess. The site we chose isn't covered by any trees if I recall, so I'm thinking it should work out. [emoji1696]
    Send them an email and see if you can get a rebate off of the hardware. Right now, in Canada, they are offering the h/w at 50% off and connection with 2 weeks. Got 2 separate emails from them in the past week regarding this. Maybe you might be able to get a better price. I guess with the latest price increase, they are not getting as much subscriptions.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Send them an email and see if you can get a rebate off of the hardware. Right now, in Canada, they are offering the h/w at 50% off and connection with 2 weeks. Got 2 separate emails from them in the past week regarding this. Maybe you might be able to get a better price. I guess with the latest price increase, they are not getting as much subscriptions.
    Great idea, thanks!
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Apparently there is no email address to be found for them. I found one somewhere, but it came back as undeliverable. It was a good thought anyway.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhoram View Post
    I bought Starlink last year and used it in many remote locations. I used it in shaded places with tall pines that I was sure would prevent it from working. The worst I got was 95% uptime. That meant, for me, that there were 1-2 minute dropouts every hour. It never interrupted streaming video, and I am in virtual meetings all the time and never had a problem. I purposely set it up where I thought trees would block it, but it always worked. I did not set it up where the sky was more than 30% blocked, though.
    Do you possibly have any pictures of sites with high blockage that worked ok still? Or at least a more complete description of how blocked that 30% was? Was it dense forest? sparse branches with light through them?
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I ordered my Starlink roam today along with a flagpole buddy mount for the ladder. They estimate 2 - 4 weeks shipping, so we will see. Excited to see how it works out, we should be bringing our 398 to the Thousand Trails seasonal site in a week or two and I'll get it setup when it comes.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got my Starlink kit yesterday. I had it set up and running in about 10 minutes. I ran the TV, laptop, and a phone with zero issues. I ordered the Flag Pole Buddy to mount on the ladder and a custom 3D printed wall mount to keep it in the basement.
    2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    Pro Pride 3P #1400
    2024 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab Shortbed, 4110 payload.
    6.7 Diesel, Ult Lariat, 5th wheel prep, Block heater, iconic Silver.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I caved and bought the Starlink Roam service. The hardware should be here in early May.

A couple of questions:

How picky is the dish and system when it comes to trees and other obstructions? Most places we'll have a pretty unobstructed view of the northern sky but obviously there will be trees and things closer to the ground. I read it needs basically 100 degrees of unobstructed view and I'm wondering if that's a hard rule or a "best case" rule. I assume as more sats go in the air that requirement will get less.

Where do you mount the equipment? I have a Imagine 2970RL and I think I'll somehow put the router in the passthrough storage by the utility center as that's where the cable will come in. I'm not sure about the dish itself yet. What's my best bet there?

Thanks.
    2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
    2023 F-350 7.3 XLT Crew Cab

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
    Well I caved and bought the Starlink Roam service. The hardware should be here in early May.

A couple of questions:

How picky is the dish and system when it comes to trees and other obstructions? Most places we'll have a pretty unobstructed view of the northern sky but obviously there will be trees and things closer to the ground. I read it needs basically 100 degrees of unobstructed view and I'm wondering if that's a hard rule or a "best case" rule. I assume as more sats go in the air that requirement will get less.

Where do you mount the equipment? I have a Imagine 2970RL and I think I'll somehow put the router in the passthrough storage by the utility center as that's where the cable will come in. I'm not sure about the dish itself yet. What's my best bet there?

Thanks.
    If you have clear good view of the north you should be ok. I have an Imagine 2670MK. I'm sending the cable through the passthrough with the router in the basement. I am waiting on a FlagPole Buddy to mount to the ladder. In cases where I need to move it away from the trailer, I bought an Adapter to mount to a speaker stand.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starlink.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	45887
    2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    Pro Pride 3P #1400
    2024 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab Shortbed, 4110 payload.
    6.7 Diesel, Ult Lariat, 5th wheel prep, Block heater, iconic Silver.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DW said go ahead (guess it pays for her to work remote part-time. $204 for the flagpole buddy on Amazon if I have the correct one.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    DW said go ahead (guess it pays for her to work remote part-time. $204 for the flagpole buddy on Amazon if I have the correct one.
    Check Tweetys. Just ordered recently and it was around $180, no tax. (For the Starlink specific model)
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast