User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking 23.5 solitude 310GK R?

I gave a new unit being built this month, 2023.5 310gk
    has residential package with the 12V residential style fridge pkg with the solar panels that are included. I can't find anything that tells me what battery types I need to run. I have deep cycle lead acid in my current trailer, but will this new trailer handle lithium as equipped from factory?
    With the residential pkg, does this make mine a 310GK-R?
    Glad to be joining this elite group of 5th wheel owners!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the "R" designation went away with the introduction of the 12VDC compressor refrigerators (which are not "residential" refrigerators since they are not 120VAC). You can run your rig on lead-acid, AGM, or LiFePO4 as your tastes desire and budget permits. Lead-acid batteries are only good for 1/2 of their rated amp-hour output whereas you can get glose to 100% out of a a LiFePO4 battery. This means that, if you were to install two 100 AH LiFePO4 batteries, you could run your fridge for about twice as long as with two 100 AH lead-acid batteries. I've read that the new units are coming with auto-detecting converter-chargers that will charge LiFePO4 batteries to their full capacity. You would have to check with your dealer or GD on that.

... we don't consider ourselves "elite," by the way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not us, but our rigs are! LOL I trust dealers, but not very far... If the trailer is configured with the charger for the Lithium batteries, I may order a set so I can install when trailer arrives. Cheers!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Towingdude View Post
    I gave a new unit being built this month, 2023.5 310gk
    has residential package with the 12V residential style fridge pkg with the solar panels that are included. I can't find anything that tells me what battery types I need to run. I have deep cycle lead acid in my current trailer, but will this new trailer handle lithium as equipped from factory?
    With the residential pkg, does this make mine a 310GK-R?
    Glad to be joining this elite group of 5th wheel owners!
    Did you buy from Woodys in Red Deer by chance? I didn’t but have received excellent service from them on several occasions. My friend bought from their Leduc shop, he’s had good service as well.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3rd trailer from Woody's St.Albert. Always have good luck. Just called the parts dept. there and got some answers. Found out long ago that you don't ask a salesperson for tech questions... ROFL!
    looks like I can put the lithium batteries in with no conflict with the charger. Now to decide on which ones to get...

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Towingdude View Post
    3rd trailer from Woody's St.Albert. Always have good luck. Just called the parts dept. there and got some answers. Found out long ago that you don't ask a salesperson for tech questions... ROFL!
    looks like I can put the lithium batteries in with no conflict with the charger. Now to decide on which ones to get...
    They wouldn’t take my trade in, told me to sell it privately so I went elsewhere.