User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a "Trailer Aide" from Amazon and use one piece of 2x8 (just in case) and found myself once needing it. Worked a champ and the onlooking RV types were blown away by the speed and efficiency. I changed the front drivers side tire/wheel!
    2018 RAM 3500 MC, CTD 6.7, 68RFE
    (2nd RAM MC w/CTD 85K Hitch Miles)
    2019 Imagine 2250RK, replaced hail destroyed BH (Brand X) in 2019.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outstanding, I was thinking of this brand.
    Thanks Marine
    Ray

QUOTE=leselmore;472923]We installed the MORRyde SRE-4000 equalizers and I was curious about using our Trailer-Aid drive on to change a tire. It was useless as the equalizers allow up to 4 inches of suspension travel.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by marine6805 View Post
    I got a "Trailer Aide" from Amazon and use one piece of 2x8 (just in case) and found myself once needing it. Worked a champ and the onlooking RV types were blown away by the speed and efficiency. I changed the front drivers side tire/wheel!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just guessing that your 2250RK has 3500# axles?
    If you lift one side which weighs in around 3300 lbs then your one tire is supporting the 3300 lbs but is only rated to support 1750 lbs. Seems like too much weight on one tire.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    I know I can go buy a Camco or Anderson or other brand of "drive-on" Tire changing/leveling ramp, but I really like building things. Anyone build some that are proven to work? I know (I think) you need at least 5" of drive-up lift before you will get a tire off the ground so.....does anyone have any pictures of a DIY project of this?
    Anderson's or Camcos are $40-as much as you want to spend on ready made ramps and it MIGHT be the way I go, but I want to know what works for others.

I am an avid woodworker with boo-koo tools and have drawn up some out of 2x6's that I can make.

IF I buy some, please tell me what you have bought that works.....lol....just in case.

I take a 3 ton aluminum race jack on my trips, but like the idea of the drive-up ramp to change a flat.

Thanks all
    Ray
    Of you're a DIYer AND a woodworker, check this out:

https://youtu.be/2tMp_IBvlbo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    What do you think about the SRE-4000 upgrade?
    I like it--no complaints and handles bumps better. Added them along with MORRyde crossmember at the same time we upgraded the springs from 2800 lbs to 3500 lbs, and MORRyde heavy duty shackle kit because the springs seemed flatter than they should be. This upgrade raised the trailer height by 1.3 inches and improved how the trailer handled.

A year later we upgraded the axles from 5200 to 7,000 lbs, 6-lug hubs to 8-lug, wheels from 6-lug to 8-lug with a higher weight capacity, and tires from E to G rated. It raised the trailer another 1.1 inches. Overall satisfied with the upgrade; but, by adding the stiffer Sailun S637 ST235/85r16 G rated tires they made the trailer ride stiffer. So I added Roadmaster shocks.
    Les & Nel
    2019 Reflection 315 RLTS w/Dual Pane Windows; 2nd AC
    -- 7K Axles; 3500 lb Springs; MORRyde SRE-4000; Roadmaster Comfort Ride Shocks
    -- 400 Ah BB Lithium; 1590 watts solar; MultiPlus-II Inverter; Renogy 40A DC DC Charger

2016 RAM 2500 CC SB 4x4 Diesel
    -- Blue Ox SwayPro 20k/2k hitch; Timbren Rear Bump Stops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not try using a 2x8 under the trailer aid because I don't believe the 4 inches of movement allowed by the SRE-4000 would have made a difference. I could be wrong. Does your RV use the SRE-4000 equalizers? I am curious if I gave the trailer-aid away too soon.
    Les & Nel
    2019 Reflection 315 RLTS w/Dual Pane Windows; 2nd AC
    -- 7K Axles; 3500 lb Springs; MORRyde SRE-4000; Roadmaster Comfort Ride Shocks
    -- 400 Ah BB Lithium; 1590 watts solar; MultiPlus-II Inverter; Renogy 40A DC DC Charger

2016 RAM 2500 CC SB 4x4 Diesel
    -- Blue Ox SwayPro 20k/2k hitch; Timbren Rear Bump Stops

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123