User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I wonder if anyone has done any testing with a comparative length of pipe from tank WH to tank less regarding how long it takes to get hot water. In theory, it's the same length of pipe, so it really shouldn't be any different on how much cold water comes out before the hot water.
    I think the tankless won't start to heat water until there is flow through the unit, so the water will be cold initially until it starts to heat the water. I think I've read that some people don't like that they had to have full flow for the heater to work properly. A tank water heater has hot water immediately. Probably not going to be a huge difference, but if you're boondocking you would have a limited supply of water stored, and a limited amount of space to store gray water. If you're hooked up to sewer, not a big deal, but you're still burning your own propane instead of the park's electricity.

If you have a small tank water heater, the tankless may have more appeal since you won't have to worry about running out of hot water in the middle of a shower.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I think the tankless won't start to heat water until there is flow through the unit, so the water will be cold initially until it starts to heat the water. I think I've read that some people don't like that they had to have full flow for the heater to work properly. A tank water heater has hot water immediately. Probably not going to be a huge difference, but if you're boondocking you would have a limited supply of water stored, and a limited amount of space to store gray water. If you're hooked up to sewer, not a big deal, but you're still burning your own propane instead of the park's electricity.

If you have a small tank water heater, the tankless may have more appeal since you won't have to worry about running out of hot water in the middle of a shower.
    in twenty plus years of rving, i believe with 5 or 6 gallon water heater, we have never ran out of hot water, even when at a park or with kids. HMMMMMM
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be that people new to RVing may be unaware that they should limit the length of their showers.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick up date from my part.
    after talking to GD, they will not replace fridge, no biggie as afer some more research it looks like it would be fine except eh stupid little cloth strap to keep doors closed while traveling,.
    the water heater on the other hand, After reading some more about them, I don't plan on ever having one. I will figure out a way to replace it with a regular gas / eletric one.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123