Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water dripping from underbelly of 29RL Reflection

Did not like to see a water drip under my camper. The whole undercover was sagging and a hole drilled in the low point confirmed that something is leaking water into the lower frame area - possibly a tank issue., I don't know right now (The camper inside shows no sign of a leak). My question is , i am sure that I can drop the undercover but can I hope to get it re-installed again? The screw points are showing signs of stress and I fear that the whole cover could break loose under way on the road. Any advise on what to expect would be appreciated before I resort to either a self inspection or a visit to a dealer (ugh).

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t take something so simple to a dealer

They will charge a fortune likely

I wouldn’t worry about the chloroplast. You can use washers to reattach it where needed

But you need to find the leak

Check the p traps. The p trap on my shower would be able to drip right down into the chloroplast so don’t assume it is a tank

The smell or color could give you a clue if it is a tank

Good luck but I wouldn’t sweat it to much. You can fix it
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glennto View Post
    Did not like to see a water drip under my camper. The whole undercover was sagging and a hole drilled in the low point confirmed that something is leaking water into the lower frame area - possibly a tank issue., I don't know right now (The camper inside shows no sign of a leak). My question is , i am sure that I can drop the undercover but can I hope to get it re-installed again? The screw points are showing signs of stress and I fear that the whole cover could break loose under way on the road. Any advise on what to expect would be appreciated before I resort to either a self inspection or a visit to a dealer (ugh).
    Have you been driving in the rain lately?

I thought we had a significant leak at one point. We had been in a major rain storm driving home. Put trailer in storage and 3 weeks later pulled it out to go to a near by state park. Once we were setup the next day I saw a large area of water under the trailer dripping from the coroplast. Fearing the worst crawled under and saw the coroplast hanging down lower than normal. I pushed it up and out came gallons of water from the frame edges. Decided to shut down the tap water over night to see if I lost pressure. No drop in pressure noticed. I chalked it up to heavy rain filling the under belly area up.

Hoping this might be your issue.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t be opposed to cutting an access hole into my coroplast if I needed to as well
    As long as you are sure of the general location of the issue
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could rent a transmission rolling floor jack from a local rental company nearby or use a piece of wood and a standard jack to hold the center of the coroplast up while un/re-fastening the screws before/after fixing the issue. Should make it a pretty easy one person job to do.

Been there, done that, and it works great!
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a tip to use an extension ladder for reinstalling the cover.

I cut mine into pieces so I only drop what's needed.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After having our 397th just a month, we noticed our front coroplast hanging down so much so that it was literally being held by a thread at the screws. Mobile tech visit revealed the kitchen gray water pipe was never connected to it's gray tank; it was emptying out right beside it unto the top of the gray tank. Once it was full, began saturating the insulation/coroplast until it was hanging. Mobile tech found/fixed the issue. GD took care of everything, even sent us new insulation and coroplast.

All this to say, yes, it's a good idea to find the leak as it may not at all be what you're expecting. GD and our dealer were shocked to see the pics of the pipe sitting on top of the tank.

Edit to add: Mobile tech used rachet straps to hold coroplast up when he reinstalled it. After each screw, he'd move it a foot at a time.
    Last edited by tjndsa; 03-12-2023 at 03:46 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't started any work yet. The cover obviously passes over the axles. I think I will start at the front with the screws and drop the undercover enough to hopefully get an idea of where the leak is coming from. Or, are you suggesting to cut the cover first (forward of the axles?) and then drop free the front section? How does a ladder help installation? Turn it on edge and use it as a support?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have traced the problem to a dripping water connection on the back side of my wash down faucet (my bad, I replaced it several months back and did not tighten one connection enough). The drip was slow. Although water hit the floor of the pass thru, all of it remained behind the wall cover. Plus, it first pooled on the floor and then dripped down into the under belly and then overflowed that to drip outside. Very difficult to trace because of the length of time required after turning on/off the water and seeing any sign of a change. I am relocating some of the undercover sheet metal screws to reinforce the torn sections. Live and learn.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glennto View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have traced the problem to a dripping water connection on the back side of my wash down faucet (my bad, I replaced it several months back and did not tighten one connection enough). The drip was slow. Although water hit the floor of the pass thru, all of it remained behind the wall cover. Plus, it first pooled on the floor and then dripped down into the under belly and then overflowed that to drip outside. Very difficult to trace because of the length of time required after turning on/off the water and seeing any sign of a change. I am relocating some of the undercover sheet metal screws to reinforce the torn sections. Live and learn.

Based on other on the forums advise in other threads. We purchased these leak detectors and placed under every sink area and in the storage area for a little added piece of mind.

https://www.amazon.com/Instapark-Lea.../dp/B01IWTCLHA

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax