User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack Error Troubleshooting Help?

Got to our campsite today and went to auto level our Solitude 2930 with Lippert control. Had low voltage error and determined that battery only had 10.5 volt charge. Plugged into campsite 50 amp plug and no power on half camper outlets. Determined campsite had a bad 50 amp breaker on one leg. Park service replaced breaker and thought back in business. Like a perfect storm. Went to auto level and now I get a right rear jack error. I can manually run all the jacks manually with no issues so not in a mechanical bind. Just unable to run auto leveling or clear jack error. Any trouble shooting advice or way to clear jack error? I’m thinking some kind of software issue or the low battery voltage affected controller. Staying until Tuesday and praying all the jacks will operate to allow us to hook up to truck and return home.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL
    2021 GMC Denali 3500HD Standard Bed
    B&W RVK3710 Hitch

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would address the battery issue first, a damaged battery can cause the auto level to be very strange. 10.5v is definitely in the battery damage range. I'd get a load test done on the battery and go from there.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fam5mel View Post
    Got to our campsite today and went to auto level our Solitude 2930 with Lippert control. Had low voltage error and determined that battery only had 10.5 volt charge. Plugged into campsite 50 amp plug and no power on half camper outlets. Determined campsite had a bad 50 amp breaker on one leg. Park service replaced breaker and thought back in business. Like a perfect storm. Went to auto level and now I get a right rear jack error. I can manually run all the jacks manually with no issues so not in a mechanical bind. Just unable to run auto leveling or clear jack error. Any trouble shooting advice or way to clear jack error? I’m thinking some kind of software issue or the low battery voltage affected controller. Staying until Tuesday and praying all the jacks will operate to allow us to hook up to truck and return home.
    If this is the electric Lippert Auto Level Control 3.0 system, there is a reset procedure that may also clear the jack error. Might consider that after checking the battery out and ensuring good voltage.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the out of stroke error every so often. Operating the system in manual mode will still work. To clear the system, make sure you are hooked up, and extend all the legs at least 6", and then press the retract all, it will reset the system.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I get the out of stroke error every so often. Operating the system in manual mode will still work. To clear the system, make sure you are hooked up, and extend all the legs at least 6", and then press the retract all, it will reset the system.
    So I found my battery is dead and have purchased a new one and will install it today. Between bad battery and one leg of campsite 50 amp service dead we had a perfect storm. That’s why we got an initial low voltage alarm and then jack error. I found my Lippert manual and your advice is spot on to clear jack error fault. I will have to hook up to truck to try it. I’ll wait until Tuesday when we are leaving. One good thing about retirement your not on a set time schedule. I am hoping that the jacks will auto return, perhaps not with the right rear jack error. They will raise and lower manually. The Lippert manual suggest it’s a wiring harness issue but I would think if that was the case it wouldn’t raise or lower manually. Baffled about dead battery also. I checked it before leaving and it read 12.9 volts. Get here and 10.5 volts so it wasn’t taking a charge. I will let you know what I find. Thanks for advice.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL
    B&W RVK3710 Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re: the low/dead battery. If you have a non-absorption refrigerator, you could have run the battery down depending on how far you traveled. You will get very little charge from the truck alternator/battery, unless you have a DC to DC charger installed.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The jacks will auto return. Never had that problem with any error codes.

In addition to above, unless you disconnect the battery with the switch, stuff like the carbon monoxide detector will be pulling power.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, we have made it home. Hooked up to the truck and the jack errors kept moving around to each one of the four jacks. I manually lowered the jacks 6". The manual states to hit the auto retract, but this is confusing. Auto retract is located on the LCD screen, which is not accessible with a jack error. Actually, you hit the retract button and all the jacks retracted and the errors cleared. Another learning lesson to keep in the memory bank. Appreciate all the help.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL
    B&W RVK3710 Hitch