User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Awning Lights!

Rolled out the awnings on our Solitude 2930 today and it was like a mini waterfall. Water just rolling off as they rolled out. Have had a-lot of rain but this is first time water has collected inside the awnings in this amount. This evening turned the awning lights on and no lights. I suspect I’ve got a blown fuse. Any idea where it would be located or where the lights are fed from? Plan to look in the morning.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL
    2021 GMC Denali 3500HD Standard Bed
    B&W RVK3710 Hitch

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes the fuse is behind the physical switch for the awning, if you have One Control, fuse could be on the main controller which is usually behind the false wall in basement.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the awnings been rolled up backward? (Don't laugh - this happens.) That's the only way I can think of that rain would collect inside the awning. @FT4NOW has pointed you in the right direction on the lights.

Rob

PS/Edit: Rolling the awning up backwards could also mess with the wires to the awning lights if they're in the roller instead of on the inside edge.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awning lights are back on. The next night I tried them, and they worked. No blown fuse. Perhaps things dried out from all the water in the awning. The awning was rolled up correctly so it's a mystery how so much water collected inside it. I've never seen that amount of water fall out of the awning as it was unrolled. We did have a blowing rain.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL
    2021 GMC Denali 3500HD Standard Bed
    B&W RVK3710 Hitch