Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Pump Advise

Hello all
    upon winterizing our camper last fall the water pump was not strong enough to pump antifreeze to the washer. I called a mobile tech and for a mere $190 he brought his own pump and was able to finish the job. That being said I would like to replace my water pump with a stronger pump. has anyone experienced this/ any replacement suggestions ?
    Thanks
    Mark
    To old to work, to young to retire
    2019 Momentum 376th
    2018 F350 Lariat 6.7 diesel
    2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure many will say "just use an air compressor" but since that is not your question I'll refrain from that advice. I do not have a washer but I've done various things with those pumps, including creating a "toolbox pump" that I can bring down to our dock to suck water from the river to power wash things. I am very surprised that the pump which can suck water from a source and provide enough pressure to keep up with a power washer would not have enough pressure to push it into a washing machine.

Are you sure the pump is working correctly; does it seem to have adequate pressure at the shower, sink, etc.? Is there a screen on the inlet at the washing machine that could be clogged just enough to restrict pressure? Residential machines typically have a screen where the inlet hose connects to the back of the washing machine. Not sure about RV models. You can check your pump label to verify the psi rating and then look for one that is more powerful. You're not likely to have a problem sticking with a 12v model but I'd just make sure it stays under 60 psi at most, or has an adjustment so you can set it appropriately.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    I am sure many will say "just use an air compressor" but since that is not your question I'll refrain from that advice. I do not have a washer but I've done various things with those pumps, including creating a "toolbox pump" that I can bring down to our dock to suck water from the river to power wash things. I am very surprised that the pump which can suck water from a source and provide enough pressure to keep up with a power washer would not have enough pressure to push it into a washing machine.

Are you sure the pump is working correctly; does it seem to have adequate pressure at the shower, sink, etc.? Is there a screen on the inlet at the washing machine that could be clogged just enough to restrict pressure? Residential machines typically have a screen where the inlet hose connects to the back of the washing machine. Not sure about RV models. You can check your pump label to verify the psi rating and then look for one that is more powerful. You're not likely to have a problem sticking with a 12v model but I'd just make sure it stays under 60 psi at most, or has an adjustment so you can set it appropriately.
    So being this was the first time I winterized, I was able to siphon antifreeze to the bath, kitchen, and outside shower and spigot. Both hot and cold. We normally use city water. being how it wouldn't pump enough water to the washer, my guess is that it isnt working properly
    To old to work, to young to retire
    2019 Momentum 376th
    2018 F350 Lariat 6.7 diesel
    2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodak86 View Post
    So being this was the first time I winterized, I was able to siphon antifreeze to the bath, kitchen, and outside shower and spigot. Both hot and cold. We normally use city water. being how it wouldn't pump enough water to the washer, my guess is that it isnt working properly
    Hmm. I'd still check for any restriction for the washing machine. I cannot imagine why the pump has enough pressure to satisfy all the other facilities but not the washing machine. What restriction would exist there that doesn't exist for the other things, unless there is a screen or something else causing an issue?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Hmm. I'd still check for any restriction for the washing machine. I cannot imagine why the pump has enough pressure to satisfy all the other facilities but not the washing machine. What restriction would exist there that doesn't exist for the other things, unless there is a screen or something else causing an issue?
    Yeah I would agree with you except the service tech winterized it in 15 minutes.
    So I don't think it's the washer. It works fine washing cloths. From the City Hook up.