User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    Not a fan of being a gunnea pig! I'm probably going to go with Renogy or one of the other imports in that price/quality range.
    Um, the Renogy 100ah battery uses pouch cells.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    As far as pouch cells being used in a mobile application, they are used all the time, GM's Ultium batteries are pouch cells, BYD's Blade batteries are pouch, most Hybrid batteries are pouch cells.

As a matter of fact, Prismatic cells are pouch cells, they are just encased pouch cells.
    I can't say I'm familiar with the batteries you listed above, but I imagine they are enclosed in something FAR more sturdy than thin plastic shell material (again, IF LiTime is using pouch). Pouch cells expand quite a bit without a container, hence prismatic (and then the rabbit hole of compressed vs. not compressed). That constant expansion and contraction along with mobile vibrations without a solid housing is what concerns me. Heck that's a lot for prismatic batteries!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Traveler View Post
    Um, the Renogy 100ah battery uses pouch cells.
    Not the point. If they're simply saving weight by forgoing a more robust structure, it may not be worth the weight savings. If they're doing something to maximize output, then maybe it's worth it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123