User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Mini" 100ah battery. Too good to be true?

https://www.litime.com/products/liti...-1280wh-energy

Li Time seems to be one of the "better" brands of Chinese import batteries. These are significantly smaller than a traditional group 24 sized 100ah, the same price, etc. Looks like they're brand new. Intriguing to me because I'm considering an install in my passthrough on a rockwood that has a Murphy bed so space is at a premium. What do the Lithium proficient members thing about these? Too good to be true? Or could it be the solution to what I considered a major challenge?

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can check Will Prowse's channel on YouTube and see if he has anything to say about them. Perhaps @SolarPoweredRV has seen them...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their standard LiFepo batteries have pretty good reviews. These are a new product that I'm just seeing. 40lbs for 200ah is pretty enticing.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post

Li Time seems to be one of the "better" brands of Chinese import batteries. These are significantly smaller than a traditional group 24 sized 100ah, the same price, etc. Looks like they're brand new. Intriguing to me because I'm considering an install in my passthrough on a rockwood that has a Murphy bed so space is at a premium. What do the Lithium proficient members thing about these? Too good to be true? Or could it be the solution to what I considered a major challenge?
    This is my first time seeing this "mini" product. I agree with your assessment that Li Time is one of the chinese battery manufacturers that are building brand recognition and they have a good reputation for reliability. The batteries do have a 5 year warranty.

They seem to have established an American branch with a couple of warehouse locations across the country, they might even be an American company.

Since these batteries meet your restricted space requirements and they seem to be very well priced for a new product, I would recommend ordering them before the $50 discount dissappears.

I did not notice if the batteries have low temperature charging protection, so, be certain that you protect them from charging in cold weather.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The link isn't working. AFAIK, there has not been any break thrus that would enable that weight reduction. look closely for areas that can save weight,,,smaller cells that will reduce capacity, and allow for a smaller, thinner case. no BMS.tiny weak terminals.
    i am skeptical of it
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    The link isn't working. AFAIK, there has not been any break thrus that would enable that weight reduction. look closely for areas that can save weight,,,smaller cells that will reduce capacity, and allow for a smaller, thinner case. no BMS.tiny weak terminals.
    i am skeptical of it
    Link works fine for me
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Litime batteries are actually Amperetime batteries. Amperetime has rebranded themselves. While I have had my Amperetime batteries for a while now, my lazy butt has not installed them yet. Checked on the charge level and after 9 mos they are still showing about 65% charge.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ray from Love your RV YouTube channel just had his 200ah Amperetime fail, will have to wait to see what the cause was.

Personally I stay away from batteries like those, no external monitoring of the BMS so you have no clue what the battery is doing. Renogy for example has both RS485 and Bluetooth options so you can get status directly from the BMS.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their standard LiFepo batteries have pretty good reviews. These are a new product that I'm just seeing. 40lbs for 200ah is pretty enticing.
    A little pricier than their full-size batteries, but if space is at a premium it may be worth it. Are you going with just 100 Ah? If you're thinking of more than one, the space savings might be greater by getting a 200 Ah battery.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    Ray from Love your RV YouTube channel just had his 200ah Amperetime fail, will have to wait to see what the cause was.
    It would also be good to hear how the warranty was handled.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast